• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

ESA Form

R

rsdntbplr

Hello all.
I'm diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder and Asperger's Syndrome, along with being treated for anxiety. I have recently left a job of almost four months after two sick notes for two weeks for depressive episodes.

I went to see my consultant psychiatrist at the CMHT and I spent half the appointment crying because of work and I am now suffering from a full-blown relapse into depression and am dealing with suicidal thoughts. This is the fourth time a job has ended up this way and because of that, I was advised by the CMHT that work is a major trigger of my bipolar disorder and can trigger both depressive AND manic episodes...and was told I should be eligible for ESA by them and my local GP.

So I printed off the ESA forms. I would like some advice for filling in the form and what medical documents to send off with it. Along with printing off the standard ESA form I also printed off the ESA50 form (Limited Capability for Work). I'm already receiving Disability Living Allowance but £70 a week isn't really covering the rent, medication, phone bill etc.

Any advice on filling in the form?
Michael

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

hi Michael ,welcome to the forum
xx
medical documents-if you could get your gp and maybe psychiatrist to write a letter of support explaining you are too ill to work right now and send it off with the form
if you are struggling to fill the form in a member of the cmht should be able to help you
xx
I will post a link in a moment too you may find useful when filling in the form
xx
again ,a huge welcome to the forum
lots of love
lucretia
xx