• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

    We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

ESA Form



New member
Jun 16, 2013
Hello all.
I'm diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder and Asperger's Syndrome, along with being treated for anxiety. I have recently left a job of almost four months after two sick notes for two weeks for depressive episodes.

I went to see my consultant psychiatrist at the CMHT and I spent half the appointment crying because of work and I am now suffering from a full-blown relapse into depression and am dealing with suicidal thoughts. This is the fourth time a job has ended up this way and because of that, I was advised by the CMHT that work is a major trigger of my bipolar disorder and can trigger both depressive AND manic episodes...and was told I should be eligible for ESA by them and my local GP.

So I printed off the ESA forms. I would like some advice for filling in the form and what medical documents to send off with it. Along with printing off the standard ESA form I also printed off the ESA50 form (Limited Capability for Work). I'm already receiving Disability Living Allowance but £70 a week isn't really covering the rent, medication, phone bill etc.

Any advice on filling in the form?
Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

Well-known member
Apr 9, 2011
Magical fairy wonderland xxxx
hi Michael ,welcome to the forum
medical documents-if you could get your gp and maybe psychiatrist to write a letter of support explaining you are too ill to work right now and send it off with the form
if you are struggling to fill the form in a member of the cmht should be able to help you
I will post a link in a moment too you may find useful when filling in the form
again ,a huge welcome to the forum
lots of love

Similar threads