• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

ESA Awarded Immediately??

serotonincat

serotonincat

Hi, I'm quite confused -

I handed in my filled out ESA claim form at my local JSP on Wednesday of this week and this morning received a text message from DWP informing me that they had received my claim form. I have just now received another text message from DWP saying:

Your Employment Support Allowance has been awarded. We will confirm this by letter.

Is this legit? I was expecting to have to go for an assessment and for it to take months like my PIP did...

nonotme

nonotme

Your Employment Support Allowance has been awarded. We will confirm this by letter.

Is this legit? I was expecting to have to go for an assessment and for it to take months like my PIP did...
all sounds about right, I guess that the change from Atos to the new guys things will slowly change again..... just be thankful and await the assessment in 12 weeks.

I think the first 12 weeks are at the lower rate aren't they?

serotonincat

serotonincat

Oh, so the assessment is after the 12 weeks at the lower rate? I thought I'd have to have the assessment before I was awarded anything at all.

nonotme

nonotme

Oh, so the assessment is after the 12 weeks at the lower rate? I thought I'd have to have the assessment before I was awarded anything at all.
as far as I am aware but I might (and properly are) wrong