• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

ESA Assessment

yellows

yellows

Hi I am on ESA support group had a face to face assessment last March now I have just received a capability for work questionnaire to fill in and be posted back to them by Feb 2nd. I just thought it was quite a short time to go all though this again cos every time I have something like these Mettings they really make me worry. As soon as I got this letter I started taking more diazpam it just messes my body and mind up.

T

Twokiwisandabanana

Hi there go to your doctor and ask the, to give you a sick note
That you cannot work because you have a MENTAL HEALThPROBLEM.

letmein

letmein

Hi I am on ESA support group had a face to face assessment last March now I have just received a capability for work questionnaire to fill in and be posted back to them by Feb 2nd. I just thought it was quite a short time to go all though this again cos every time I have something like these Mettings they really make me worry. As soon as I got this letter I started taking more diazpam it just messes my body and mind up.
sounds like they gave you a one year award.

make sure you fill the form in the best you can, if your on facebook this is a good group to help you with information..... just ask, Log into Facebook | Facebook

send back the forms in time and use SIGNED FOR service.

any supporting letters etc wil help your cause, I'm in the same boat I am due a review this year.

Last edited:
L

littledogs

I just got another esa assessment phone call. Already got to have tribunal for PIP .now have to meet assessor for ESA as well.
I only saw ESA assessor two years ago. It's too great a burden on me.my last GP wrote a letter to them so I got a home assessment. The new GP. Is useless and won't even refer me for autism screening. I had to go private. He won't write any letters without charging and even then a rubbish on coz he don't know me well.
I am worried that the assessor will be the same lying bitch who did my Pip assessment in august. Can I refuse to see the woman if she turns up again. ? I have had so much stress been self harming more often. I don't go to hospitals or take medication as I am also emetophobic and scared of medication and side effects. Only take occasionally valium.

yellows

yellows

I am still waiting for my f2f meeting sent forms back a couple of weeks ago but every day post man comes I go all dizzy and feel like shit. I know when I get the letter informing me I will be a wheck.

yellows

yellows

Got my date for F2F ESA 4th April. But in the mean time I have applied for pip cos been told that I should be able to get it I have been putting it off for so long cos I get so worked up about this meetings that they make me feel so much worse. I got pip F2F 9am tomorrow morning not sure what to expect is it the same as ESA F2F????????.

yellows

yellows

Just got back from my pip F2F what a waste of time the women was a right bitch all she keeped going on about was that I could walk unaided and so on. She didn't want to know about my mental health issues or she was trying to do was catch me out with silly questions. I know that when they write back to me I have got no chance. I knew from the moment I walked into the room and sat down where she was coming from I came out of the meeting and got home and just broke down why I ask is it so unfair.

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

yellows i am so sorry ,the way you are being treated is a disgrace

please don't give up hope it might have gone better than you thought x

did you have someone with you?

it is ridiculous they didn't ask about your mental health issues when that is why you made your claim

please let us know if there is anything we can do to help
love Lu x

B

BrokenToy

Do not stop battling on. Expect them to drag this out, prepare yourself for it. You can win but you will have to fight hard and use every bit of your willpower to keep going. As FairyLu said, it might not be as bad as you think right now, but still you must prepare for the worst or it could knock you sideways. Best of luck. :goodluck:

Edit - at the point you are at now I went to my GP, explained I was hanging on by a thread and got meds increased and changed over a few weeks, this will all help your case if you need to appeal later. Also, keep a diary!

Last edited:
yellows

yellows

I am just beginning to remember some of the questions that she asked me one was the word world now spell it backwards?????. Plus I told he the night before I had a bad bleed for my rear and she asked how much blood I lost and I said it most have been at least a pint she laughed and she if you lost that much you would be dead???????. Plus do I feel suicidal if you do I will stop the assessment now and get you a ambulance. I felt like she was not beliving a word I was saying. I took that much meds yesterday I have only just today started to feel a bit better in myself and remembering things? I felt so downgraded.

N

nightmare57

My assessor asked me If I'm ever suicidal and I said yes he then asked how to I manage when I'm feeling suicidal and I quickly fired back at him I get sectioned. He couldn't go anywhere after that.

yellows

yellows

Esa f2f tomorrow so with all that's going on feel like shit. Had to ring dwp this morning 1st thing got though after about 30mins I was asking the assessment report cos got turned down pip knew I would could tell by the way she assess me. Now need report to pick up her lies for a Mr.

DoctorInternet2

DoctorInternet2

I think that the older you get the less they are like to bother you. Are you young, one year seems a bit of a short time to be reassessed again.

American Boy

American Boy

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I never got told how long I was gonna get mine for. :(