• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

ESA appeals (help needed)

dib4uk

dib4uk

Hello there,

Yesturday I was informed that my claim for ESA was to be stopped because i dont have enough points to qualify for assisted living. The fact is that when i glanced at the report i scored 0.

So now i'm sending it to appeal and to see what they are going to say.

The thing is that I cant cope generally in my day to day living, i avoid people, i dont even care if i get out of bed for a couple of days. The longest that i've stayed at home for is 7 days, and even then i just wanted to come back home again.

What i'm soo annoyed at is that I'm on the system for psychotherapy and i'm in the process of having an inital assesment with a psychiatrist... What I am soo :mad: about is that ESA do not take this into consideration when reviewing claims. JSA expect me to work 16 hours a week, and i told them i have depression and they said "oh it will help you get out and about":mad:

Does anyone else agree with me that they should actuarly take into consideration reports from the doctor and psychiatrist.

I just really feel soo sad and angry at the same time... if i had money then i wouldnt care less about ESA.

shaun3210

shaun3210

I would ask any professionals who you are currently working with if they will help support your appeal and get in contact with your local Welfare Rights to help with your appeal.

I got kicked off IB a couple of months ago and onto JSA at the first meeting with Welfare Rights said she was working with some people who had also been given 0 point’s, when previously they had enough to qualify for IB :(

Good Luck with it and hope you get it sorted out :)

P

Prasada

London, south Wales, Bristol, Oxford, East Anglia
JSA expect me to work 16 hours a week, and i told them i have depression and they said "oh it will help you get out and about":mad.
A classic quote, but no, it won’t. Do they say that to people with agoraphobia? I advise going to your local CAB and discussing the prospects of an appeal. If you don’t get much joy there, come back to me.

N

Napolean Today

It is known that activity is good for depression. Do you have any other serious mental illness to compound it? It might help to have something like scizophrenia especially paranoid schizophrenia or something along those lines? You can then explain about the meds causing lethargy and the aggressive feelings you get towards others sometimes, strange sesnations and thoughts floating through your mind.....

dib4uk

dib4uk

Napolean today!

Thanks for the advice, well yeah i have anger issues they flair? up at the drop of a hat, all it can take is someone to smile at me, or even say hello.

Well yeah i have maladpative? thoughts and i do have odd sensations that "they" are causing problems in my life.

So yeah i will put all that down in the appeal etc, thanks for the advice. Yeah Mind are helping me with my appeal etc.

Soo glad i found this site. (y)

M

maudikie

To dib4UK

You may be able to get an advocate who would come with you to any appeals etc. Am unsure where to approach them. but you could also get a solicitor for which people with severe mental illness do not have to pay/

dib4uk

dib4uk

Yeah I've got an appointment with Mind in my local area to help me, because before- silly and irrational as I was, I thought I could do everything on my own back- slightly invinsible at the same time, and I thought that these people (medical assesments) had my best interests at heart.

Now I'm starting to wise up to the complexity? of benefits and what it can do to the mind and health problems.