Esa and pip advice needed

Rachybz

Rachybz

Hi I’m a newbie here but looking for some insight back in may I had to reapply for esa finally had a decision last week I’m still in the support group for another two yrs then this week I have a pip award review I am totally worried im
Going to loose my pip i was awarded until jan 2020 but if my application fails I won’t b entitled to that award my question is I’ve got my recent careplan to send recent repeat script I’ve asked for my medical report from esa dunno if it’s gonna make a difference im
Just so stressed out and feel to just put the form in the bin to save the stress! Any help or advice welcome

Z

Zoe1

I would ask your psychiatrist
for him or her to write a letter to DWP about your claim
sometimes the care plans do not have the right information

and then you need a benefits adviser
which your psych may be able to find you x x x

Rachybz

Rachybz

I don’t really wanna ask my cpn she sees me literally five mins if that once a month she don’t really no or understand my circumstances 😏

Z

Zoe1

so is there anyone else who does understand ? :unsure:

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
The CPN will converse with your pdoc. And you can always put your pdoc down as a reference so they can contact him for more info. That’s what they did at mine. Just get as much paperwork together as you can. If you’ve got any care plans even if they are old send copies in. I sent in stuff that was 4/5 years old and I got awarded pip.
Good luck

C

Confusedandanxious

I know its stressful and the urge to not bother seems so much easier to deal with in the moment. Please dont throw it away.
Instead put it out of sight for a bit. Then go to it and just fill in 2-3 questions, whichever ones you want to do first. Then put the form away again.
Send off old letters. Send off prescription forms.
If you can have somebody else sit with you while you fill it in, or fill it in for you then go for that as it can and does help deal with the stress.

The worst thing that is going to happen by filling it in is that you are not going to be awarded it. You definitely will not be awarded it if you dont fill it in and send it back though. Either way, you will be facing stress over this, so you might as well deal with the stress that could benefit you in the long run.

When I went for my review I explained areas where I had worsened and explained where I had improved. I really didnt think I would have passed it, but I did. Especially with how badly I had filled my form in.

Z

Zoe1

yes and what annoys me
is that they rely on people to not fill in their form
because they are not feeling well !

x x x