• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Ergophobia

F

firemonkee57

Ergophobia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia . I have always, I think, suffered from this and put it down to chronic,severe social anxiety and paranoia.
Anything where there are expectations put on me and the chance of being told off/punished for failing to live up to them.
I am not adverse to helping out, if I can, in a non competitive, non pressurised environment but the thought of a competitive environment with demands and expectations scares the shit out of me.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I can really relate to this.
I've never worked and can't ever imagine myself settling into a job. I just can't.
I think I have similar feelings to you with regards to the social anxiety and paranoia.
If I try to imagine being in work, I see myself having panic attacks and/or self-harming in toilet cubicles, like I used to in secondary school (before I got the home tuition).

Toasted Crumpet

Toasted Crumpet

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I think I have this too. But I will have to eventually, as there is no way on earth I am getting involved with MH services again, my fear of them is worse.