• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Epileptic? Body twitches in need of ideas...

L

lostwonderer12

I'm 32 male and Since over a year I've really changed for the worse. All day I have laboured breathing, walking alone takes my breath away, and my mom feels like it's convulsing?? Like stiffening up I get head twitches where I shake my head and I also get arm twitches. I'll be walking and I feel really wired or like it's a mini spasm and I twitch my fingers and than close my fists it's really weird! Very scary I don't know what's going on. I can lay down on my bed anymore because it feels like I can't breathe.... Laying on the floor feels like there's less pressure on me and I can breathe a bit easier. Had blood work and EKG and they said I'm ok.... I'm thinking this is some sort of mini seizures, a heart issue or something else please I would love input from anyone Ty !

L

Lab rat

Could be, could also possibly be tardive dyskinesia, or could possibly be a thousand other things

L

lostwonderer12

Could be, could also possibly be tardive dyskinesia, or could possibly be a thousand other things
I was think thinking tardive dyskinesia too. The worst part is I went to my doctor and she just blamed it on anxiety. But I know myself and this feels like something way more than anxiety. How can I get a proper diagnosis here I'm dealing with doctors who don't take my condition seriously

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Staff Member on Leave
Are you on any medication because this could be a side effect of them . Aripiprizole Dave me similar to what your suffering and quetiapine gave me restless legs at night which drove me crackers. Tell your medic what’s happening and they will do tests if necessary

L

Lab rat

I’ll tell you what I did, and probably get in trouble as well. I was on chlorpromazine and it was giving me a stutter and facial tics. The doc wasn’t convinced it was due to the meds but gave me procyclodine which did FA

So I stopped the meds cold turkey for 3 days. The symptoms went away. I restarted the meds, symptoms came back. I went to the docs and they changed my meds.

I got lucky, I returned to normal. Not everyone does, tardive dyskinesia can be permanent, it was for my dad. He kept sticking his tongue out. TD is one of the things that I’m truly afraid of. People used to stare at him, it popped out about twice a second, all day.

L

lostwonderer12

Ty for the replies. I'm currently on prozac 20 mg. I was on celexa before that and it's hard to say of its related to the meds. I was on celexa for 10 years and it never have me these seizures like symptoms. Prozac is all I'm currently on and I take a benzos to help calm down these anxiety spasms and benzos do help. But i think something else may be better for this problem I'm having it seems like a nervous system or brain issue resulting in small seizures to Parkinson's or dsykenesia! Possibly an anticonvulsant would help this I wonder.

L

Lab rat

It was temazepam that did my dad. Never heard of it with Prozac, but I’m not a doc.

I do know if you try my experiment to prove what it is, you will get a withdrawal off the Prozac

L

lostwonderer12

im pretty sure its not drug induced. i think i may be becoming diabetic or devleoping elepsy or a nerve issue

Martian

Martian

I have tardive dyskinesia in my tongue. I don't think it's noticeable, luckily. Did you speak to the doctor that prescribed your psych meds? I hope you find the solution. I'm sorry for what you must be going through.

L

lostwonderer12

they seem to want to say i justg have anxiety which this is doesnt feel like just anxiety....can i ask how did you or are you treating your tardive dyskinesia?

Martian

Martian

they seem to want to say i justg have anxiety which this is doesnt feel like just anxiety....can i ask how did you or are you treating your tardive dyskinesia?
They wanted to give me another drug, can't remember the name of it. Started with a C. Anyway, it's main side effect said severe constipation. I already have a mechanical bowel problem needing surgery, so I declined! Instead, they just lowered the dose of my geodon, which helped significantly. Now I have a milder case of TD, which seems worse on some days. Today, I barely noticed it. At least what I started out with wasn't permanent. My tongue was so swollen it barely fit within confines of my teeth... Yesterday it was worse. Today I barely noticed. There's always a trade-off. The geodon really took away my agitation which was off the charts. Help me, but hurt me. Dang psych drugs.

Martian

Martian

They treated it by lowering my dose of geodon. Also, since it only involves my tongue, I try to be mindful and relax and drinking a lot of hot beverages seems to help. The geodon caused it, but it's helping me so much I didn't want to switch it out. Maybe you should see a different doctor if you think it's something other than anxiety. TD can become permanent.