• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

enough

A

act044

Well another person asked if I'm pregnant again. I am feeling very self concious. I started a workout plan today . Tomorrow I am going to the gym. I need to lose these extra pounds. I started gaining weight the higher my dose of seroquel went. I feel so disgusting. I am determined to get fit again. I feel so horrible about myself. I thought stress was supposed to make you lose weight not gain. I am so gross. I hate looking at myself naked. I've been wearing baggier clothes at home so my hubby won't notice which he does and says he loves me. I need to be comfortable with myself as well. I feel like he just doesn't want to hurt my feelings . I am going to get into shape. He will be proud to be with me and people will quit asking me.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I'm sure that your husband still loves you and is attracted to you.
However, if you're not happy in your own skin, it's hard to believe that I suppose.

Am sorry you got asked if you were pregnant.. I don't know why people still think it's ok to ask that. :confused:
The person who asked should be embarrassed and feel bad though, not you.
I mean I wouldn't ask in the first place, but i'd be mortified if i'd made that mistake.

I wish you the best of luck with your weight loss goals and I hope you feel more at ease with yourself soon.

R

Rose19602

I'm sorry to hear about that comment and the weight gain too. So many people struggle with this on Seroquel. Can you get prescribed anything else?

People can be very tactless....thank God you're not married to someone like that!

If you get a comment like that again say, "actually no, I've just put on a lot of weight and I'm really upset that you said that".....if you can squeeze out a tear or two so much the better!

Let them feel as bad as you!
x

A

act044

I didn't think that was that bad. All the weight is growing out in my stomach, my legs have also chubbed out and my bum. It does look like I'm pregnant the way my chub is showing but to have people point it out is hurtful. I've always struggled with feeling good about my weight. I've always a lower weight and terrified to gain weight. Now that it's happening I feel horrible about myself. I've exercised the last two days and feel the burn so hopefully there will be results soon.

Last edited by a moderator: