• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Enlightenment or Psychosis

shaky

shaky

This morning I woke up slightly psychotic.

Or am I?

This morning I woke up less troubled, feeling calmer

Is it psychosis or enlightenment.

I am going to expand on this post later. (I have to go out now)
Does anyone know what I am talking about?

Kerome

Kerome

I have quite a special relationship with what happens when I'm waking up, often it is the most peaceful, best part of my day and leaves me with a glow of happiness that lasts a good chunk of the day before fading.

It's not enlightenment... But waking up is a special opportunity, by guiding your energy in the right way you can do good things, eliminate negative energies and encourage positive energies to work for you.

G

Gredge23

Does your brain feel like it is evolving like a caterpillar into a butterfly? Just expanding beyond word
That's how I felt when I went into so called "psychosis" I had to answers to everything especially life it was an amazing experience.

shaky

shaky

I have quite a special relationship with what happens when I'm waking up, often it is the most peaceful, best part of my day and leaves me with a glow of happiness that lasts a good chunk of the day before fading.

It's not enlightenment... But waking up is a special opportunity, by guiding your energy in the right way you can do good things, eliminate negative energies and encourage positive energies to work for you.
I'm searching for another word - enlightenment is too strong for it.

It is a sort of peace and calm and a distance from ones emotions and ones actions.
A knowledge that ones thoughts and emotions are just fleeting things.
But it's not the same as being the dalai lama

I need a word for it.

shaky

shaky

Does your brain feel like it is evolving like a caterpillar into a butterfly? Just expanding beyond word
That's how I felt when I went into so called "psychosis" I had to answers to everything especially life it was an amazing experience.
No.
It feels like I am calmer and wiser and stronger (mentally /emotionally) than I realised.

Lone_wanderer

Lone_wanderer

Sounds like your experiencing a state of non-attachment and mindfulness to me. Enjoy it while it lasts. Occasionally my brain will go into a spontaneous meditative state.

shaky

shaky

I'm searching for another word - enlightenment is too strong for it.

It is a sort of peace and calm and a distance from ones emotions and ones actions.
A knowledge that ones thoughts and emotions are just fleeting things.
But it's not the same as being the dalai lama

I need a word for it.
Looking for new words I am considering

Perspicacious - although it is a word most people wouldn't know
Vision - sounds lovely - I became envisioned - but then people would think I was having halucinations.
Sapient -
Sagacious
Aware
Insightful
Comprehension

None of them quite fits.

Kerome

Kerome

Looking for new words I am considering

Perspicacious - although it is a word most people wouldn't know
Vision - sounds lovely - I became envisioned - but then people would think I was having halucinations.
Sapient -
Sagacious
Aware
Insightful
Comprehension

None of them quite fits.
It definitely sounds like a spontaneous meditative state of a good sort. I'd be grateful, when they happen between sleep and wakening these things are often gifts of a positive influence.

Insight is quite rare on waking up, the mind is usually half asleep. But I've had great experiences with ecstatic joy and compassion, among other things. And also moments where I've been led to places where a negative influence was located.

D

Deliah

Hey Shaky, sounds good to me. I decided to call my own experience 'expansive' the other day. I was walking mindfully to the park and my awareness was expanding and expanding. No, thoughts or feelings, just a sense that my awareness was expanding and I was seeing more and more. Incredible. D xxx

D

Deliah

I do wonder Gredge whether they call any old state they don't recognise 'phycosis'. I have been learning to accept all states. Without the fear bit, they are just passing states. I even consider them to be gifts. At the moment I'm learning to not become attached to those states which feel really amazing and to accept their passing instead of grasping for them to stay and needing it to continue.

shaky

shaky

Hey Shaky, sounds good to me. I decided to call my own experience 'expansive' the other day. I was walking mindfully to the park and my awareness was expanding and expanding. No, thoughts or feelings, just a sense that my awareness was expanding and I was seeing more and more. Incredible. D xxx
'Expansive' sounds good