• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Enjoy the sun

dogmom

dogmom

One of my go to’s is being able to get some sun time (10 minutes or so). My backyard is my sanctuary and I love being outside. Unfortunately, with last weeks big storm comes Texas size mosquitoes. We have not been able to enjoy the outdoors without getting eaten up. It’s hard to find yard spray because with everyone home they have the same idea. The city finally sprayed last night and it made a big difference. I actually got to sit outside with my doggies and was able to relax. It helped me tremendously. It also helps to sit outside and read my bible app.
I am feeling a little anxious tonight. I’m still checking my breathing and my heart rate. I think that is going to be around as long as I have to wear my heart monitor. I know I need to reprogram my brain and think positive thoughts. Sometimes that’s easier said than done. God bless us all as we go through our daily struggles.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I didn't realise you had mozzies there that had such a major effect on life.

Are you on a heart monitor for anxiety reasons?

dogmom

dogmom

Yes. The mosquitoes are terrible. It gets bad early morning and evenings. it’s hard to enjoy being outside.

i have had some issues with heart rhythm. It could be from the anxiety, but just making sure. I had been to the cardiologist 6 months ago and did the 24 hour monitor and has an awesome stress test. He did another 24 hour monitor at my 6 month checkup, but he just wants to double check.

P

Purpleplum

The sun is very healing. I wear sunscreen when taking walks in it though.