End of inpatient treatment and now back home

Deadheading

Deadheading

Last week I was discharged from the inpatient program, where I was for about two months. I was sad to leave because a) I didn't want to return home because it was a toxic environment for me, and b) I became part of a little family with the other patients in my unit. Sadly my discharge day came, and I had to pack my bags and clear my room. They did let me stay to attend groups for that day, and I did attend one just so I could be with the patients. After the group ended, it was lunch time and I had lunch with some of them for one last time. The food was awful as usual.

It still wasn't safe for me to return home because the idiot who drove me to suicide was still in the middle of moving out. So first I stayed in a hotel in the city where the inpatient program is, and then on Monday I was picked up by my parents and driven back to my neighbourhood, only to stay in another hotel. He finally moved out yesterday, but he still had more items to pick up today. My mum was a fool to invite him for dinner, considering he won't speak to dad and he hardly talks to her now. I think he's mad because he wanted to move out on his terms, but I think he was forced out. The letter from my previous social worker advised my family that he had to leave by the time I returned or else all the work from inpatient would be undone if he was still around when I returned.

He is a hopeless narcissist. He told my parents he would move out but he's mad at them now. He did very little for them and would not participate in family counselling. Good riddance to him.

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

I'm glad you're home, you deserve love and care :hug: I'm so sorry it was difficult :hug: