• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Encouragement To The Ones Dealing With Depression and Thoughts Of Suicide

S

shada

I've been there, the feeling of being alone and the silent thoughts in my head affirming that nobody cares, I've been through it... hurting myself just to feel the release of the pain inside. People thought I was crazy and all, but to me it helped, truth is I was sinking lower and lower. It got harder and harder to get back up... but I eventually did. After it all, I survived, I became stronger. I kept on pushing myself to get better. And now, well... I can't believe how far I've come. So if you are going through depression and have thoughts of suicide... DON'T DO IT. You are stronger than you know. Just give it time and it too shall pass. Just try... what's the worst that could happen. Hold on. You'll get through this☺ .

Last edited by a moderator:
Hardknocks88

Hardknocks88

Hard in the suburbs. Nothing to do here. Surprised the suicide rate isn't through the roof here.

I

Italia2020

I've been there, the feeling of being alone and the silent thoughts in my head affirming that nobody cares, I've been through it... hurting myself just to feel the release of the pain inside. People thought I was crazy and all, but to me it helped, truth is I was sinking lower and lower. It got harder and harder to get back up... but I eventually did. After it all, I survived, I became stronger. I kept on pushing myself to get better. And now, well... I can't believe how far I've come. So if you are going through depression and have thoughts of suicide... DON'T DO IT. You are stronger than you know. Just give it time and it too shall pass. Just try... what's the worst that could happen. Hold on. You'll get through this☺ .
How did you do it. I’ve had severe anxiety, depression, and panic since my meds stopped working a year ago. I’ve been on so many different meds and nothing is working. It’s just getting worse. I also am in therapy now and trying to push myself a little. But I feel like I’m dying inside. This horrible feeling is all day everyday.

J

JCPraha

That is extremely difficult. I know the feeling. My meds stopped working as well. I am treatment resistant at this point. You may want to try rTMS if you have access to it. I have done it and it helps to some degree since meds don't seem to work very well on me anymore. I know it is difficult to go on with such a terrible mood and feeling every day. The anxiety is particularly difficult to cope with. I have been battling it for the last 2 years or so.

I

Italia2020

I was thinking about tms? How long have you been doing it? You say it helped to some degree? Did it help with the anxiety and panic or just the depression.. this is like hell on Earth feeling like this daily and all day

J

JCPraha

It seems to help with both depression and anxiety. I have only had 10 sessions of it so far. It only takes about 20 minutes for each session, but of course I have to travel to a clinic to get it. I think it is worth a try, it's better than taking more meds.

I

Italia2020

It seems to help with both depression and anxiety. I have only had 10 sessions of it so far. It only takes about 20 minutes for each session, but of course I have to travel to a clinic to get it. I think it is worth a try, it's better than taking more meds.
Thank you yes I just looked the place by me is about a half and hour away

I

Italia2020

just wanted to ask do you take any meds now or just tms. All the SSRIs that used to work for me don’t work anymore and now they have me on lamictal and I feel dizzy and sort of worse from the dizziness.

J

JCPraha

I take meds also. I tried Lamictal and it also made me dizzy so I stopped taking it. I take Seroquel 200mg at night and Trintellix 20 mg. The SSRIs stopped working for me as well. Burproprion helped me for a while, then stopped working. The meds I am taking now are supposed to be good for treatment resistant depression. I think they help me some, but not all that much. I suppose it gets to the point where no meds work well. Normally people that get TMS are also on meds.

I

Italia2020

I take meds also. I tried Lamictal and it also made me dizzy so I stopped taking it. I take Seroquel 200mg at night and Trintellix 20 mg. The SSRIs stopped working for me as well. Burproprion helped me for a while, then stopped working. The meds I am taking now are supposed to be good for treatment resistant depression. I think they help me some, but not all that much. I suppose it gets to the point where no meds work well. Normally people that get TMS are also on meds.
Thank you for your reply yes the lamictal im on a very low dose just 25 and I feel sort off of balance and dizzy so there is no way I can even hit 50. What dose were you on and it made you dizzy? Im going to see another psychiatrist that is well known in NY as soon as I can get an appointment. This other psychiatrist I have I pAy him big bucks and he keeps saying not to do TMS which is strange. So I’m going to get someone else. Thank you so much for your help