• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Emotionally stunted

G

George

I didn't know where to post this but I thought this might be the best place, I think I've had a problem that's been going on for the last year which is I don't feel for anything any more.

I don't feel love for my friends or family I don't feel sad over things either, songs and poetry that used to inspire me now does nothing whatsoever for me, I simply feel numb to everything, I've also found that I can easily mask this and pretend to feel emotions or give the pretence of feeling them at least. Is this a bad thing or not should I feel for my family and love them? should I get angry at people? I don't really know

KP1

KP1

Founding Member
Hi George it might be worth discussing it with your GP.
KP

J

jamesdean

I would second that I spoke to my doctor and things have improved with some spirtual guidance thank fully.:)My head was in a real mess, it isnt for everyone so have a think about it take care jd
You can choose your friends but not your relations, mine well my eldset brother does my head in

Last edited:
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
jajingna Emotionally Immature Parents Mental Health Experiences 2
R Im emotionally tired <TW> Mental Health Experiences 1
Coolcuk Emotionally and Sexually numb Mental Health Experiences 5
C Emotionally drained at the moment Mental Health Experiences 8
Heidrun Emotionally unstable and crying Mental Health Experiences 4
Midnight.Panda Peter Pan Syndrome/Emotionally still like a kid Mental Health Experiences 7
S Becoming emotionally numb on purpose Mental Health Experiences 12
U Confused, forgetful and emotionally numb. Mental Health Experiences 2
G Want (new) emotionally close people to hurt me physically Mental Health Experiences 3
S My mom is 80 and still emotionally abuses me with body-shaming. Mental Health Experiences 2
M No one to talk to - Feeling Emotionally Unstable Mental Health Experiences 5
C Trauma, relationships, and emotionally reactive Mental Health Experiences 2
N I've been emotionally abusive, and I'd like to stop. Mental Health Experiences 6
A Emotionally abusive ex still ruining my life - help? Mental Health Experiences 32
willow003 My mother is emotionally ill and it is very hard to live around her Mental Health Experiences 5
I Feeling of being locked in a tube, unreal and emotionally benumbed Mental Health Experiences 5
D why can't I let this emotionally abusive relationship go? Mental Health Experiences 2
T Why do I feel emotionally not alive? Mental Health Experiences 1