• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Emotional mess

S

Sunn1234

Hello. I have major emotional bouts crying over my ex. It's harder with having anxiety issues. I see a psychiatrist tomorrow and am unsure of questions to ask him. It's mi first visit with him. I know the grieving is normal I just can't get him off my mind. It's sending me into anxious feelings and a spiral of depression. Any help would be appreciated as to what to ask or suggest ideas to help me cope with this. Thanks

SarahD

SarahD

Hi Sunn

I think the psychiatrist will be asking you questions about your anxiety and depression and the symptoms you have, so think through them and maybe make a list to tell him/her. Then you could say about the obsessive thoughts, and how the depression and anxiety are making it harder to cope with the break-up. Just write down how it affects you so you remember what you want to say.

You could ask whether some counselling or psychotherapy might be helpful. I think it could help deal with the loss of relationship.

katya

katya

I'm so sorry you're going through this right now. I recently went through a break up and I know what you mean. It's so intensely painful and can make you feel so bad about yourself, but please remember that it won't be like this forever (I know, emotionally, you probably can't look into the future right now, though). You're making such a positive step to see your psychiatrist. Please be really, really kind to yourself right now and focus on you. Now is a brilliant time to do that. You can find yourself again, you know?

Wish you all the best; I really do.

:hug1: