• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Emotional eating sucks

I

Indianaroae

Got into a fight at home, had a brioche and chocolate combined, after telling myself I need to get rid of insulin resistance. So much for will power. However I am determined for guilt and shame not over consume me…. I will get back on track…. Power of the mind.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I do the same, and i treat myself after doing something stressful too.

What i am doing lately is making sure i have some raw veg to snack on so peppers, carrots, and these fill me up so that i cannot manage junk food. I also tell myself that i cannot have a latte until i have eaten a healthy lunch. I bribe myself.

I also won't buy junk food if i have driven to the shops. If i want biscuits, i have to walk the fifteen minutes to get them.

I

Indianaroae

I do the same, and i treat myself after doing something stressful too.

What i am doing lately is making sure i have some raw veg to snack on so peppers, carrots, and these fill me up so that i cannot manage junk food. I also tell myself that i cannot have a latte until i have eaten a healthy lunch. I bribe myself.

I also won't buy junk food if i have driven to the shops. If i want biscuits, i have to walk the fifteen minutes to get them.
This is a great example however living with overweight family members who don’t have the willpower to change and buy unhealthy foods anyway.. well that’s another challenge for resisting temptation.

JessisMe

JessisMe

I’m the worst for boredom eating. I snack and justify it with it being a healthy snack but then I also eat a not so healthy snack and a few more healthy snacks until I am really overdoing it on the snacks. Not too much later I have a full dinner. What makes food so tantalizing? I wish I was born without so much interest in food, it really is a bother. xo, j

catmommy

catmommy

I've packed on 26 extra pandemic pounds. I feel like I've lost my edge, and the weight gain is causing me to look older. I need to blast away this fat. I feel ashamed and disgusted with myself.

JessisMe

JessisMe

I've packed on 26 extra pandemic pounds. I feel like I've lost my edge, and the weight gain is causing me to look older. I need to blast away this fat. I feel ashamed and disgusted with myself.
I’ve been putting weight back on lately after a substantial loss. I hate that I am letting this happen. It must stop. xo, j

Phoenix69

Phoenix69

I am so triggered by 1 of my coworkers I feel as if um back in a treatment center. I constantly compare myself and need to be the thinnest. I'm so much older than these girls but I am struggling so much w my body image I hate that I still obsess over this at 45 I'm still going through it.

WMD

I'm an emotional eater.

Okay I hope I don't offend anyone, but I try to enjoy the moment. When I comfort eat, I actually try to enjoy it.

Is that a bad thing?

Phoenix69

Phoenix69

I guess if you are enjoying it it's not bad sounds like its pleasurable? Am I off track with that?

WMD

I guess if you are enjoying it it's not bad sounds like its pleasurable? Am I off track with that?
I think that's right. I think I feel less guilty about it after. I'm also more present in the moment when I'm enjoying what I eat and it makes me more full.

vangoghs

vangoghs

Got into a fight at home, had a brioche and chocolate combined, after telling myself I need to get rid of insulin resistance. So much for will power. However I am determined for guilt and shame not over consume me…. I will get back on track…. Power of the mind.
Have you tried journaling, when upset, instead?