• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Emotional and hypersensitivity

S

skyblue

Is this a trait of Bipolar, or personality do you think ?

I seem to be super sensitive and I can't cope with the smallest of things that go wrong, the smallest of stresses can send me into an episode and this scares me. It seems if something goes wrong and I can't handle it, my medication needs adjusting or I need some back up support from the MHT. Why is this ? It really bothers me because I want to be stronger than this, only I just can't seem to get myself together.

A small thing happened recently where a lady believed I'd scratched her car when parking, she got out of her car and started shouting and screaming at me and saying that she was going to call the police. To anybody else, I think they would have laughed because it was sheer craziness, but I took the whole thing badly. I told her to stop shouting at me as my children were in the car too, but she wouldn't, she was going mad! By the way I hadn't even touched her car, I had no idea what she was talking about, I asked her to show me and there was nothing there. In the end I told her to feel free to call the police (they obviously wouldn't be interested) and drove off crying.

When I got home, I just couldn't stop shaking and crying and feeling I was going to lose control of my sanity, I see flashes of light and my mind continuously races.

I started feeling alittle better until the other day when an incident happened regarding my brother. My brother has recently had a major breakdown, where he needed to stay in hospital for 8 weeks, he has only just come out. His gf has been taking advantage of him while he has been sick, stealing cash etc, she also constantly beats him up and did previous to his admission and now after. I won't go into detail but on Monday she stitched him up in a bad way and he is now due to appear in court next week for something that he didn't do, he spent Monday night in a cell. Before she saw him and done what she'd done, she wrote a text message saying that she was going to 'F his life up forever and by the morning his life will have changed'.
This is all because his Counsellor advised him to end the relationship because she and everybody else could see that he was being taking for a ride by a manipulative, nasty and vindictive piece of work.
He has spoken to his solicitor and he has told him to plead not guilty which he isn't and to take it to crown court.

I feel sick, so sick because what she has said and done not only to him but also my mum, dad and me. My brother couldn't see it in the past, he couldn't understand because he was so ill, he didn't really know what was going on. Luckily, he knows now.

I can't sleep, my heads spinning and racing it feels like it's going to explode, I feel sick, anxious, I'm shaking with rage, upset and I feel so low. I'm scared I'm not going to be able to keep control and end up in hospital again, I have to keep in control and support him through this.

I'm taking my medications correctly, Seroquel and Depakote, but I feel I need to relax. I have afew Diazepam left over which I have been taking but I'm not sure if it's enough. What would you reccommend ? I really need some support right now. :(

Libra1

Libra1

Founding Member
Sb - sorry to read of all your troubles :( Here's a hug :hug:

If your children are in bed now, try and chill by taking a relaxing bath and having an early night. Hope your day is better tommorow :)

S

skyblue

Thanks so much Libra.

Just to let you know, I'm feeling much better right now. My brothers solicitor contacted him to let him know that the worst that could happen was for him to be fined and nothing more, which is a relief.

Of course I do still feel so angry about the whole thing, but there is nothing I or anybody can do. After court next week, we'll just have to sit and wait until April when the case will taken to crown court where he will be pressing charges against her for physical abuse, stolen goods and damage of property. I just hope justice will be made.

I do feel much better than I did previously.

Thanks again for listening and for your advice :)

Take good care xx

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
HLon99 Bipolar Forum 7
P Bipolar Forum 32