Emotional abuse....

Guy12182

Guy12182

Emotional abuse

Emotional abuse
defined as: an attempt to control, in just the same way that physical abuse is an attempt to control another person. The only difference is that the emotional abuser does not use physical hitting, kicking, pinching, grabbing, pushing, or other physical forms of harm. Rather the perpetrator of emotional abuse uses emotion as his/her weapon of choice.

[Moderator edit: the above is taken from When Is It Emotional Abuse? | Psychology Today ]

I believe this is what my girlfriend is doing to me right now. For this is the reason I am leaving for good....Emotional abuse

I can and will not take that from ANYone! Even after 20 yrs and being a dedicated person like I am, I am done!

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Forevertrying

Emotional abuse

Emotional abuse
defined as: an attempt to control, in just the same way that physical abuse is an attempt to control another person. The only difference is that the emotional abuser does not use physical hitting, kicking, pinching, grabbing, pushing, or other physical forms of harm. Rather the perpetrator of emotional abuse uses emotion as his/her weapon of choice.

[Moderator edit: the above is taken from When Is It Emotional Abuse? | Psychology Today ]

I believe this is what my girlfriend is doing to me right now. For this is the reason I am leaving for good....Emotional abuse

I can and will not take that from ANYone! Even after 20 yrs and being a dedicated person like I am, I am done!
Hi there, I am sorry you are dealing with this.

I want to offer you some information.
If you live together please do not make a big announcement about your leaving, this could lead to putting your self in an unsafe situation, often when people 'threaten' to leave it leads to a rise in the abuse.

Please leave safely...Without an announcement to your partner and let her know when you are out of the situation somewhere safe.

We are all hear if you need anything.

Last edited by a moderator: