• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Emotional abuse towards bpd

T

Trinatron5000

I work daily on myself n retraining my frontal brain... My S.O. does not.. He can he mean and emotionally controlling to the point of abuse.
Its frustersting that all the info out there on BPD makes us the abuser.. Like no one cld possobly manipulate or use our disorder to gaslight and control us.
BPD people shld be able to find info to help understand healthy ways to act...as well as healthy was they shld be treated. And how they can healthily handle leaving abuse relationships.

T

Tasha1819

Sorry you haven't had any support. I know what you're going threw as I'm in the exact same situation. Here if you need a chat xx

T

Trinatron5000

Sorry you haven't had any support. I know what you're going threw as I'm in the exact same situation. Here if you need a chat xx

What do u do? Im pretty sure I'm not a crazy idiot but he makes me feel like I am.. How do I know if it's gaslighting or in my head lol... Stupid.... Where the heck can u get advice or a fricken self help book for the bpd people Trying to lead a healthy life?

F

floater

Feel manipulated. Had a wrong diagnosis of schizophrenia for years and the pressure was definately off, despite the issues that diagnosis held, it was not being manipulated so that the 'well patches' were being used against me like with BPD. Having held two diagnosis can certainly say there are expectations of conformity and results that are putting me at risk of relapse building far more with BPD.

F

floater

Feel manipulated. Had a wrong diagnosis of schizophrenia for years and the pressure was definately off, despite the issues that diagnosis held, it was not being manipulated so that the 'well patches' were being used against me like with BPD. Having held two diagnosis can certainly say there are expectations of conformity and results that are putting me at risk of relapse building far more with BPD.

Sorry I'm new here and thought BPD meant Bipolar Disorder. Shows how easily these diagnosis define and yet remain amorphous. So the quack can adjust the commentary to coincide with the circumstance no doubt, think maybe I should pay more attention. Does that mean I have a attentional lapse or attention deficit disorder?

E

EstherRose94

What do u do? Im pretty sure I'm not a crazy idiot but he makes me feel like I am.. How do I know if it's gaslighting or in my head lol... Stupid.... Where the heck can u get advice or a fricken self help book for the bpd people Trying to lead a healthy life?
hi I answered your other thread but mindfulness for BPD is a great book and good place to start! I read it over last Christmas, found it at the library in the mental health section.

if you’re pretty sure you’re not crazy, then you’re not. For me I took a long time to believe I wasn’t the problem because it seemed easier to take the blame than to blame my bf who I love. As of recently I’m a bit better at standing my ground. You have to accept that maybe the relationship is the thing that’s dysfunctional, not you. And you have to be willing to prioritize you over him.

E

EstherRose94

Sorry I'm new here and thought BPD meant Bipolar Disorder. Shows how easily these diagnosis define and yet remain amorphous. So the quack can adjust the commentary to coincide with the circumstance no doubt, think maybe I should pay more attention. Does that mean I have a attentional lapse or attention deficit disorder?
lol no I think it’s a common mistake, bipolar also has those three letters and is much more well known. Most people would probably think of it first unless they’ve learned about or experienced borderline.