• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Emetophobia and Diarrheaphobia help..

L

Lb2926

Hello, I'm sorry for my bad English. I'm from Europe

I have really bad Emetophobia and Diarrheaphobia. I have Panicattacks every day and I'd rather break my arm than to throw up or have diarrhea.

I can't eat, can't sleep, can't live.

Okay,sleeping got better, after my Doctor got me medication for it, but that's it.

My fear is so big, that I get panicattacks as soon as I hear a unusual noise out of my stomach. And even usual sounds make me anxious.

It gets worse every day. What should I do? I don't want to live like this anymore. I can not live like this anymore..

I have an appointment with a therapist in September. My doctor gave me really light "antidepressants" (idk if it's a real antidepressant, but I think so.) but I have that feeling that it even gets worse (I use them since 3 days or 4)

Do you have an idea what I could do? I'm at the end... I don't want to live like that

Thank you

Sincerely

Jolly

Jolly

Welcome 🙏 I suffer the same phobia and have done for 50 years or more. I am now seeing a therapist to put things in perspective. I can’t even look after my grandchildren on my own and never looked after my own children. Mindfulness really helps with anxiety as well

L

Lb2926

Thank you, it feels good to know that I'm not the only one with this phobia. I hope you get better soon.

There are times when it gets better. Then I can eat or feel happy, but most of the time it's just this fear and the thousands of thoughts in my head. My head won't go silent.

I can't even use a door without washing my hands after that. Or I can't pet my Cat without washing my hands..

My Family and Freinds were always supportive, but I can feel that I annoy them more and more. I don't want to lose them..

Jolly

Jolly

It is debilitating I don’t fly or go on trains. I have also been known to get off a bus if someone looks pesky. My mum was a nurse and I passed as well but told her I did not pass all because of my phobia. There are a lot of things I have missed out on. And of course the anxiety gets the better of me. When my youngest was in hospital with gastroenteritis I could not go and see her. I felt really bad but hubby stayed at the hospital for 4 days. I put myself through hell all because of my phobia. Keep me updated or you can pm me if you need to x

TrappedSoul

TrappedSoul

I have the same phobia for 14 years.. I am so desperate, I have seen a lot of therapist but I can't live with this anymore.. I just can't, I rather die.. Feels good to have someone with the same phobia.

Jolly

Jolly

Hi trapped soul. I do know how you feel. I don’t even look after my grandchildren because of the phobia. I have lived with this for years and years. I was going to start therapy on this but I think I will concentrate on my anxiety with the therapist. She has been on holiday so have not caught up for 3 weeks. I thought I would have been ready but the last three weeks have been a nightmare so I need to calm down. I have now retired from work and finding it difficult. If there was an outbreak in the hospital I was completely neurotic cleaning everything as I do at home. Please pm if you need to chat. I am also careful what I eat etc and only let the grandchildren eat certain things. Luckily I have not passed this on to my own two grown up daughters. They are brilliant mothers as I think I was awful as I would leave them with their father if unwell and then would disinfect everything. Please pm if you are struggling. I also suffer GAD and panic which I presume is due to the phobia. Worked in mental health I should know better.

Sloshiceangel

Sloshiceangel

I have a phobia for diarrhea, poop and vomit too. I can’t stand it, not even in movies, tv shows or books.

Jolly

Jolly

It is awful. I turn over or block my ears. One time when we were travelling with one of my children and grandchildren when they were poorly I tried to open the car door to get out. I very rarely (due to covid) that I travel with the grandchildren as they get poorly in the car. I had to turn off I am a celebrity get me out here the other night due to the noise. Blinking terrible