• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

EMERGENCY--My daughter needs help--Anorexia, advice please

N

NancyG

Hi,

We are in crisis, my daughter 15 has anorexia, just diagnosed at the ER. We are in the process of getting into treatment. We are not requiring her to sit with us and eat, she is having psychotic episodes, falling apart, rocking, wailing, personality disturbances, etc. She needs help NOW. I don't know what to do. How do we get emergency counseling, behavioral health help?

Nancy

W

wednesday addams

Hi,

We are in crisis, my daughter 15 has anorexia, just diagnosed at the ER. We are in the process of getting into treatment. We are not requiring her to sit with us and eat, she is having psychotic episodes, falling apart, rocking, wailing, personality disturbances, etc. She needs help NOW. I don't know what to do. How do we get emergency counseling, behavioral health help?

Nancy
HI Nancy, didn't the ER doctor give you any info? There is a section on here for eating disorders. I'm sorry you are all going through this.

N

NancyG

Hi, Thank you for responding. Yes, we have a referral for an eating disorder outpatient program but it may be weeks before we are seen. My daughter needs help NOW though. What else can we do?

W

wednesday addams

Hi, Thank you for responding. Yes, we have a referral for an eating disorder outpatient program but it may be weeks before we are seen. My daughter needs help NOW though. What else can we do?
Can you get your Dr to help in some way? Tell them she needs help and cannot wait.

M

Mary26

If she is having psychotic episodes, rocking and wailing and this is new behavior I'm wondering if she might have experienced a trauma that she's not talking about? Is she able to talk about it? I don't know but if you think she may be having a psychotic break the quickest intervention is generally a psychiatric hospital just because they will evaluate her and prescribe meds especially if you're concerned she may be a danger to herself.

N

NancyG

Thank you all for your thoughts. My daughter was admitted to Seattle Children's Hospital. She is getting the help that she needs.

mischief

mischief

Staff member
Admin
Hi NancyG

A phone number you might find useful in the future is 211. It should be able to connect you to the services in your community that your daughter, other members of your family or yourself may wish to be connected to at times when you need assistance.

Here is a link to the Washington State 211 service which will give you more details about the services they provide.

Good luck with supporting your daughter during this difficult time. She is extremely lucky to have a mother who is advocating hard to get what she needs when she needs it.

Don't forget to also look after yourself during this extremely difficult time!

Please yell if we can help in any other way.

Typhoon38

Typhoon38

Too much to write here but if you read my introductory post on the site you'll see how I might be able to help in a supportive way and by sharing how I helped my (then) 15 year old Daughter recover from the abyss 22 years ago. By all means send me a private message on this forum if you want to reach out and we can talk further. I am NOT an expert or medically trained - but I've been there and might be able to support you. ♥️

F

Fancyharm

Hi, haven't read all of the posts here, but when I'm using the forum I try and be supportive to others. I hope you get help soon, you seem very motivated. XxxxX