• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Emdr and lower medication :)

BillFish

BillFish

Met my new psych today, he wants to lower my medication and have emdr treatment. That's the first time in 15 years that a psychiatrist has actually suggested lowering meds to me, just shows, fresh conversation with a new and different outlook brings on a different approach to things, me thinks.:p

nonotme

nonotme

good luck with things, I lowered my meds over a course of two years, have tried to come off them but things always go ape for me and I end up back on them. Also I have tried different drugs only to end up back on my older ones because I know I am safe with them.

I didn't find EMDR but use for me but I wouldn't stick to it, felt stupid tapping away but I would try it, some people have great results with it esp for ptsd.

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Met my new psych today, he wants to lower my medication and have emdr treatment. That's the first time in 15 years that a psychiatrist has actually suggested lowering meds to me, just shows, fresh conversation with a new and different outlook brings on a different approach to things, me thinks.:p
Your anti-psychiatry/anti-med rants encourage people to come off meds & kill themselves & we all know everyone needs to be on maximum amounts of meds for life.

BillFish

BillFish

Your anti-psychiatry/anti-med rants encourage people to come off meds & kill themselves & we all know everyone needs to be on maximum amounts of meds for life.
lol :LOL::LOL::LOL:

BillFish

BillFish

I don't actually like going to these appointments, all of the in depth psycho babble and attention from highly educated mind f**ks, does my head in, best left to my own devices.Watch a film on netflix, piss around with a few photos,have a smoke,make dinner, walk the dog, and I'm happy with a low key life style bimbbleing along. :meanie:

keepsafe

keepsafe

Well give it a whirl - I liked the tapping :)

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
R Is there any one explored EMDR therapy for trauma induced schizophrenia ? Schizophrenia Forum 6
K EMDR therapy Schizophrenia Forum 2
lifecangetbetter do you think our frequency is lower or higher than the rest of the population? Schizophrenia Forum 8
S Should I lower my dose ??? Schizophrenia Forum 2
Mark_01 Antipsychotics May Lower Violent Crime Rates: Schizophrenia Forum 5
BillFish Agreed to give lower dose no problems Schizophrenia Forum 2
BillFish Going to demand a lower dose of meds Schizophrenia Forum 7
Loopyish 🤗not to sure what I got but on antipsychotic medication 💊 Schizophrenia Forum 2
R Medication Schizophrenia Forum 2
S Can the progression of schizophrenia be slowed down or delayed with treatment/medication? I need treatment right now. I also have anhedonia. Schizophrenia Forum 8
I Psychotic on so much medication. How is that possible? Schizophrenia Forum 28
BEASTMODEWARRIOR i realize there is no perfect medication out there no perfect psychiatrist at all. Schizophrenia Forum 12
S Antipsychotic Medication Side Effects Schizophrenia Forum 18
T No easy way off medication Schizophrenia Forum 7
K medication - paliperidone or zupentixol? Schizophrenia Forum 2
LORD BURT Alcohol and medication. Schizophrenia Forum 6
Bek Medication Schizophrenia Forum 36
S Medication Possibilities Schizophrenia Forum 8
P Medication Schizophrenia Forum 14
ht46 self medication Schizophrenia Forum 8
W Problems with latuda medication-broken sleep Schizophrenia Forum 1
D Son refusing medication Schizophrenia Forum 10
S Medication question Schizophrenia Forum 1
Finite Remote Medication Review Schizophrenia Forum 14
T Is there anyone try medication for thought broadcasting and it realy worked???? Schizophrenia Forum 7
Cabra Anyone not on medication? Schizophrenia Forum 8
Micsodi Mood stabilizers for maniac depression, anxiety medication and sleeping pills. How to escape the side-effects best? What goes with Abilify? Schizophrenia Forum 1
FadeToBlack Benefit Vs. Risk - Medication Schizophrenia Forum 6
R Is there any chance to come out of psychotic medication, or reduced medication? Schizophrenia Forum 12
H Stimulant and antipsychotic medication experiences? Schizophrenia Forum 9
A On Medication and Still Psychotic Schizophrenia Forum 15
R Can you be forced to take medication for schizophrenia in the uk Schizophrenia Forum 10
S I just want to reduce my psychiatric medication Schizophrenia Forum 6
S Is anyone else here preoccupied with fasting while off medication? Schizophrenia Forum 2
C Medication advice (olanzapine,mirtazapine) Schizophrenia Forum 7
DoctorInternet2 I won't take medication Schizophrenia Forum 3
C Medication advice Schizophrenia Forum 1
A What is the best medication for psychosis Schizophrenia Forum 21
fazza Medication review today Schizophrenia Forum 10
boudreauj4 Medication frequency change Schizophrenia Forum 4
N External Paranoia - & Medication Treatments - Working?! Schizophrenia Forum 3
4 has taking medication dulled your psychic abilities? Schizophrenia Forum 10
C Had to up my dose of antipsychotic medication Schizophrenia Forum 3
S Levomepromazine. Has anyone tried this medication? Schizophrenia Forum 5
C Coming off antipsychotic medication Schizophrenia Forum 4
S All the medication did for me was... Schizophrenia Forum 1
F Minimal effects of prolonged smoking abstinence or resumption on cognitive performance challenge the "self-medication" hypothesis in schizophrenia. Schizophrenia Forum 1
F Stability and development of psychotic symptoms and the use of antipsychotic medication - long-term follow-up. Schizophrenia Forum 7
M Schizophrenia caused by Medication Schizophrenia Forum 1
cpuusage Lifetime antipsychotic medication and cognitive performance in schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 1