• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Embracing the dark voices within, BBC News 3rd September 2009

P

Paul

Peter Bullimore and Rufus May from the England Hearing Voices network on hearing voices, voice dialogue and the origins of voices. Article includes video feed and radio interview.

Go here

Paul

S

SuperZ

Great Article; and thks...

T

terri

hmmmmmm.....

so..........get this, how come it has come to pass that we are doing so much for people's hmmm diagnosis to be transferred from schizophrenia to voice hearers, and some people are still saying they have a so called brain disease, and they actually broadcast that they have the illness, when it absoilutely not so.

Can any one explain why that man in the video, stuart baker was there at that kitchen table as right as apple pie and as absolutely incredibly not so insane as hmmmmm someone who was given a throw away diagnosis by some daft overworked doptor one day, when I was only for having a trance medium session at our house and then going for a jog in the rain and the sunshine and the moon and the stars sort a fell out of the sky, when they took me away, and popped me in a padded cell, and now I nod off, for it is all becoming incessantly bording now, for what I do and what our friendships are doing is....what do I do to make you see that YOU ARE NOT ILL YOU DO NOT HAVE A BRAIN ILLNESS AND WHAT YOU DO NOT HAVE AND GET THAT MAN OUT OF THERE and get into the mental hospitals and see what is going off in there for they are those people who so need all the help that they can get.

And Superz I am oh so surprised at you for saying Good piece of broadcasting for it oh so was not, for what you are all doing is going off in the wrong direction and the right direction is sorta through me and what you all do is go for the famous now for not one person appears to realise and understand is that there is more than to dhis dhan meets do eye, and so on and so forth and so I leave you now with a sweet sweet song.

Hmmmmmm Sweet Carol Hambdrews, hm hm hm, good sims never seemed so good, and sweet carol hymes, get those guts out of those rockets and get those knives out those drawers and get those bleeders off thosse girls and get those boys off their hatchets and get the sunbappers outa here and get that cat off our bed for snuggled up at my feet so no fear there now for what i do is scream blue murders for you are all insanely well and incredibly gifted at the bull and absolutely brillio at dhose and dare I say it, after your own artistic talents on air, and sorta so what you are doing is sorta spiralling out of control and sorta forgetting what it is so truly all about, and what is zhat now....

take care of yourself, taking in interest in all aboutand actually taking part in real life and not some sort a sumbafta sunning hill park dallas sorta programme to make u all sorta nasty men for what you do when you truly read this is think i am some sorta barn pot, or tickety boo sorta and absolutely craning my neck now to see out the window and who do i appear to see coming up the street, no one other than Queer Elizabeth the First's old flame and friend the first one who is still here, lying on this bed, a wondering what the kgb evil spirits want with you first when they always came through me and sorta we are all vying for lots of attention now, arent we, and peter bullimore i am an expert and you have never got back to me and never wanted my opinion and never wanted to meet and never expressed an opinion about mires and you have never ever experienced the whole god darn lot as i do here now and we have at the first count 4,000 voices of angels where we are and you have 24 or so and some are not too nice and you can't what, drive for the distractions of them and so what you are doing is in effect causing some dapple ganger eared daft daft doctor to sit up and sorta what....ban us all from our cars for we can all drive and drink a couple and do our daily war and work on them that want to spoilt it all for us and so now i do go pose you all a question.

Where are you and where have you been and what are you doing going there and doing that with that film crew and what are you seeing and so peter i saw your aura and yours too stuart whoever you are and so what i saw was not an evil spirit anywhere so what you actually have are angels in the making and so fed up with them are you, and incredible hey, and sort of nothing on earth could prepare us for this and we are all fools of foolish sort of peoples for what i am doing is taking dictation down that fast for my voices and what they are saying is, dont go away and don;t go anywhere for those voices so wanted you for helping us and them and sorta ignore those nasty voices and do come through us and bring them overhere and i will still meet you so at centre parcs over nomsha and we will see then who is an expert and who is so not and so now you do so no more than do it once again i am for sure you will do that for have an expert alternative opinions to you all and sort o bask in the limelight now and sorta go there and do that and superz that goes for u to and dont bother about me anymoire for you cant be arsed to contact me so so long and farewell and am off to scotland to no reclaim my land at balmoral and glamis and the stirland castle and the battle of endings is still on and so overdoyed we are not for you have time to answer their three four posts and so now my land life line is so ringing so am off

so no big ciss and no more....eetc tatas

T

terri

hmm ....am baack after a rather long phone call with my doctor.......

and so then Peter, thanks very m uch. Not too chuffed am I. Just sort of renewed my drivers licence, when, hmmmmm......so now then, I don't know about you, bust I have my baby car, and what I need is to run it, and why do I need to run a car, I need to run it because I am too fat and idle to walk? No how. I need it to go to the supermrket and could I get someone to drive, no like you, guess not, ah, and now then, what you have figuratively speaking done, is hit the death nell on the chuffin head for those who hear voices for so what they w:drool:ill assumenow is:)

YOU CAN'T COPE WITH DOING TWO THINGS AT ONCE, HEARING VOICES, LIKE I CAN, AND OR DRIVING AT THE SAME TIME. SO IT'S RATHER TRUE THEN.....
and the drools means someone you do no no care for..... go look at the bottom.............
WOMEN ARE OH SO MUCH BETTER AT MULTI TASKING THAN MEN.

Now the consensus of opinion through all my female, male, children, older people and all except for my dad, who disagrees with me all the while, for what he has just passed on down the line, through a child, who has not lots and lots of flesh and bone, and bear in mind that dear old dad died at Christmas last year, is these words. You have always been insane since the moments after your birth when I saw a golden halo around your head and so now Peter you have destroyed my peace of mine because the entire arguments are that:)

(a) we are not too tempted to give up our cars;
(b) you are so obviously sincere about all you do and absolutely daft as a brush to suggest that those voices could stop you from doing your automatic driving instructions, you know, like automatic reactions; and sob off now for sob sob sob
(c) you have sort of no idea what we are on about and have suddenly gone bafta yourself and sob sob sob you never at all asked me

and me from the radio and knows all about media and how they work and how all can rebound about you, so what you are doing is, for I was an A1 sort of producer, is caused rather a stir off the mental health suspects, you know the one's the truly awesomely volatile doptors, who get cross when we do not do as they so order, and so what they do is go.......boss off on one over the rest of us using our not half not public transport, daft man, and so now you are taking exception to so what i have siad, and so now you take it from me, i am running away overseas, what, yes again, for the quack of the man who lives up the top of the road, is a conservationist and all he needs for us who have what a diagnosis, is some prat from nottinghamshire where he likes to superstar himself through the media, to pick up on what you have said about driving, and what does he do, give an alternative opinion against ME and go blst me back for saying what thought of HE AND WHAT DO I DO for a man like HE DESTROYS A FRIEND OF MINE WHOSE HUSBAND IS TANKED UP ON TALBETS AND WHAT HE IS IS AN ALTERNATIVE VOICE HEARER AS WELL, and no she does not drive, not like I do, and so what's to do, ban us from the roads next. take my comments seriously please duck, otherwise i may chuck myself off the stornaway bridge and give myself a key to the tomb of the unknown soldier so that i can bury myself away to keep out of the frig frig frig stupid bloody world it hath now all become. So now, who the hell can take exception and ban me for my point of view..... so hmmmm, let's not start a countin sum bapper now knows what it is like to drink and drive and hear voices at the same time, and so not a slot of twos and not a drop of soap nor soup and not a bit of toilet paper for the ships are in now and not in port in red wine you knows not what i am talking about and good job of you to do that and read this for not as barkin or ticketyboo as you all may think as you will all find out when i see you all, very very good times we would have if you could only put down your egos and listen and so what i do is say, no i could not come, for that time has so no where past and so on.....

GED DITS, SOMEONE FOR ETC AND FOR HEAVENS DO NO NO TAKE NOTICE AND DO GO WEAD IT ALL MY PREVIOUS INTERVOICE POSTS AND SO LOADS AND LOADS OF NOT NOW LOVE

ho, oh, and whose that calling now at my door, no one other than my sister, who is not at all mental either, terri

B

Batman

Intervoice,
Spot On! Thank You!
Bat

S

shotme

Strong voice hearer

Saw themselves as 'stronger' than the voices

Experienced more positive voices

Experienced less imperative(commanding) voices

Set more limits to voices

Listened selectively to voices

Communicated more often about their voices (shared their experiences with trusted others)

Weak voice hearer

Saw themselves as weaker than the voices

Experienced more negative voices

Experienced more imperative(commanding) voices

Did not dare set limits on voices

Tried to escapes from voices using distraction techniques

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

According to that shotme, I used to be a weak voice hearer. I used to be terrified of them, and would become psychotic easily. Actually joining this forum helped a lot, because I found out I was not alone. I found out how other people cope, and it gave me courage. I am a stronger voice hearer, but still get negative voices.

S

shotme

it is something I pulled from another website brat, I think it's interesting.

by the scale I am a weak voice hearer...

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

it is something I pulled from another website brat, I think it's interesting.

by the scale I am a weak voice hearer...
Its spiritual IMO. But it is hard having spiritual experiences in a material world.

We are blessed though, don't you think? It is a spiritual privilege.

S

shotme

I don't think the doctors believe us, I had one psychiatrist say he's did'nt believe in telepathy to me.

Just because he had'nt experienced telepathy is that a good enough reason to flat out dismiss?

N

Nicola398

I don't think the doctors believe us, I had one psychiatrist say he's did'nt believe in telepathy to me.

Just because he had'nt experienced telepathy is that a good enough reason to flat out dismiss?
Completely agree.These psychiatrists believe only in their BMW cars and Mercedes parked in the car parks of the hospitals and outpatient departments they work in.I have met lots of them they are some psychopathic crazy fuckers. Complete nutters some of them, don't know they are born, or that they have a spirit or soul and are infinite consciousness having a bodily experience.They equate themselves only with five senses reality and know naff all about energy transference and energy consciousness.It is like asking a fish to show you how to climb a tree expecting them to heal us, they know nil, zilch,absolute zero, empty headed numb skulls. Society bestows them with a paper degree known as a qualification, status,drug company drug catalogues, DSM List of mental diseases to choose from to stick on a us so called patients or clients,and assistants called social workers, having been assigned their kit they set to work in five minute slots, long enough to sign a prescription and thus send us on our way no longer just a consumer of fridges and telly which caused our zombification but now also a consumer of drug pharmacological paraphenalia and on a downward spiral,victims of psychiatric decadence. Though he now gets enough money to put petrol in the BMW and furniture into his 6 bedroom house, paid for courtesy of you swallowing the corporate drug company pills.He is doing very nicely thank you very much with no knowledge of telepathy, who needs it,telepathy? Better call it a lie, telepathy that is, and call anyone who experiences it, a mentally ill person suffering delusions , sell them drugs, get rich!

Last edited:
coldwater00

coldwater00

Yes, I have had doctors say the same and try to force their belief systems on me, even if it helps me believing it is a spiritual problem. I still think it is more likely to be a spiritual problem than anything else.

N

Nicola398

I don't see telepathy being a problem or part of an illness that needs a cure.it is an extra sensory power which can overwhelm us if we don't know how to manage our energies so that it is under our control.I have learnt a lot about how to read minds safely and how to not get invaded by telepathic voices.There are people skilled in how to do it much like mediums, psychics and clairvoyants learn the rules of communicating with spirit to stay safe so there are safety rules with telepathic practice, some I knew but still it got out of control and overwhelming.
Back when it was overwhelming me I really wishes I could find someone teach me the ins and outs.
It is a power we are all capable of developing through the third eye chakra.Not an illness, or symptom of a disease, that is a total fallacy, a myth, perpetuated by TPTB that wants us to think it is rubbish and non existent, like they get us to believe in God too then call us mad if we say he talks to us.