• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

embarrassment

A

act044

With the huge phone bill my family member cost me and Christmas just happening, I've been short on money. I was in desperate need of groceries so I stole a few things from the store. I never do this but I was in need which doesn't excuse what I did. When I got to the til they asked me to remove everything from my stroller. I was so embarrassed. I apologized and explained why u did it and promised it would never happen again. Oh my gosh I am so embarrassed. I almost started crying. I am such a horrible person. I should have never even thought about doing that. I feel so ashamed .

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

sorry your struggling so much with money right now x

Gajolene

Gajolene

Can you access a local food charity act44?:nod1:. It's humbling to have to use them but at least you will have food to get you through. I couldn't survive without my local food bank and it free's up money for your other shelter bills.

A

act044

Thank you I will look into that. I should have thought of that. It would have been a great deal less embarrassing . I am so ashamed . I never want to step foot outside my home again.

megirl

megirl

Dont beat yourself up people do this for what ever reason, you made a bad choice but you know you wont be the first or the last and you are obviously remorseful. I did the drink-driving thing real bad drove over middle lines went through 2 red lights ....but I am remorseful i pray i will never do it again.
Sounds like you well as i know from your posts you are certainly a decent person who made a mistake.
There are sadly people who will keep on doing what they do with no remorse at all.
Most people do things like this for a reason you were desperate doesnt mean you are a bad person at all.
take care of you ok.

Also yes try the foodbanks or could you ask a friend to help you out?
I hope it goes ok

U

upagainstit

According to your post (OP) things didn't work out suitably enough for yourself.
If I was the one working there I probably would have let you get away with it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Bipolar Forum 21