• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Embarrassing

K

Kazzababe

I feel so bad writing on here, jeezo i have 4 great kids who a supose adore me and a fantastic grandaughter, who loves me.... But selfish me kicks in, i dont want my kids rely on me, iv tried to let them be adults.. Sadly i cant see past my daily selfish battle of just not wanting to b here and deal with their problems.. And am at the point now as long as am here they will never ever stand on their own 2 feet x

Zackthemaniac

Zackthemaniac

Ya their is kind of though when you're young. I just have to get my kids old enough for college and Im free. But you realize being a parent is truly a lifelong job.

Not that you shouldnt help them If they need it. But maybe you should try backing off a little and force them to start growing up.

K

Kazzababe

Ya their is kind of though when you're young. I just have to get my kids old enough for college and Im free. But you realize being a parent is truly a lifelong job.

Not that you shouldnt help them If they need it. But maybe you should try backing off a little and force them to start growing up.
Being a parent is deffo a life long job, we are never free.. But i worry that i want to break free from it as i have gave my all to my kids 😔 x

Zackthemaniac

Zackthemaniac

Have to start figuring out how to set some healthy boundaries. Trying looking some up on web or if you see a professional, ask them.

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
It depends on their age and what their expecting of you. When mine were at uni they used to come back every weekend with 2 or 3 friends for a sunday dinner then raid my food cupboard. I didnt mind that but once they qualified and were working they were expected to stand on there own two feet. When the grandkids were little i would help out during school holidays as childcare was so expensive. Now they dont need me as the grandchildren are teenagers but they still do ask if they can stay for a few days when on holiday.
It’s up to you to set the boundaries if you feel their taking advantage tell them that you dont mind helping out now and again but you have your own commitments. They probably dont even realise that you feel like this.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Anxiety Forum 7