• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Embarrassing male side effect of Quetiapine (Seroquel)? Or is it just me?

Davey Blueeyes

Davey Blueeyes

Embarrassing male side effect of Quetiapine (Seroquel)? Or is it just me?

Okay, it's fair to say i've been very poorly this last week and after an emergency pdoc referral I have had my dose of Suzie-Q massively increased.

However I have noticed that I have been getting rather a lot of, well, erm, unwanted stiffness, shall we say?! The hypersexuality is bad enough but that is arousal with desire this is something totally different, this is like arousal without desire and is just, well, ahem, there

Please say it's not just me because I am manic at the moment and, even though I know it's funny, i'm having some unhelpful and dysfunctional thoughts about it :low:

I can't find the sheet to see if this is a side effect?

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

I've actually just looked on the patient information leaflet and under the 'If you experience any of the following seek medical advice immediately' heading it has:

Priapism (a long-lasting and painful erection)!

If you're still suffering, I think you phone someone first thing for advice or, if possible, tonight.

dubblemonkey

dubblemonkey

...there is no sheet for this

it's an 'anomaly'

...and an anomaly during bipolar?

....it has nothing to do with illness.

it has everything to do with an exceptionally healthy interest in the sex of your choice.

enjoy it while it lasts my friend.

bipolar is a mental thing...

sometimes it overwhelmes us... sometimes it underwhelmes us

...when your body reacts sexually?....

there is nothing wrong...

enjoy the random libido... it's ok

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Bipolar Forum 1