• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Embarrassed

D

dancer

Hi. I have a couple of questions:

Does anyone get embarrassed by things they have done when under? I am reeling in post psychosis and am dying of shame...I feel like I never want to get a job again. I'll be on benefits forever...

How do you explain these things to friends who thought you were perfectly normal prior?

Please answer as I am tossing and turning at night. I can't stand the embarrassment...btw it was pretty bad. xx

darren

darren

psychosis is simply an extreme state of consciousness that falls beyond the norms experienced by most,
u r normal ,u just need to take the medication wat ever your gp gives u.
psychosis can affect anybody, in simple terms wen u sleep u wake up normal
with psychosis your nerotransitters r i bit confused wen waking up.your medication will correct the problem....:)

M

maudikie

To dancer.

Dont be embarrassed. You seem to need some rest. Talk to your Doctor or C.P.N. about your feelings. Askfor an ASSESSMENT O NEED and advice about getting back to Benefits. Your condition may last for some time, so don't worry about leaving your job. Is there an aftercare arrangement in your area? If so, make use of it when you are fit enough to come out of hospital.
Take care.:hug:

T

Twylight

Embarrasment is a Killer !

I usually well up with embarrasment after a recent psychosis

Especially if i've expressed wierd ideas and thoughts in local shops and Pubs

But when you think of the Pub landlord who has to deal with people Glassing each other every other weekend - Im a pussycat

Usually it's a matter of time

Time is a healer.....

Star-28

Star-28

If it makes you feel any better, I was at a bar one night years ago when I first got sick. My voice was John. He called for me as I was watching the band. I threw my beer down and ran out the door and ran towards the woods looking for John and then I thought the woods were on fire and I started screaming JOHN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my boyfriend (at the time) grabbed me and picked me up and was carrying me to the car. I was screaming and beating him and yelling JOHN IS ON FIRE!!!!! Talk about drawing a crowd!!!

You could always just lie and say you had brain surgery at a young age because you were hit by a car and it causes you to wig out sometimes... :)

F

Frings

hi dancer i can relate to what youre saying.

ive only had one psychotic episode about 5 years ago when i foolishly stopped taking my meds overnight.

even now 5 years later i cringe with embarassment when i think of that time and some of the things i did, i didnt harm myself or anyone else but my pride took a beating

i think it helps to remind yourself that you were very ill at the time, and not yourself. you wouldnt normally behave like that right?

D

dancer

hi

I was in ami for years but had episodes every time i stopped taking it. I averaged about 2.5 years. I have never harmed anyone thankfully. I have had the odd suicidal thought. I find taking the medication very heavy going. I get tired. The mornings are hell. I have to wrench myself from my bed. I need about 3 coffees to get started. Then I find I don't have the energy to communicate with anyone on any kind of level. I'm not working now and am wondering if I will ever be in a position to get a job again. I don't think I can face those mornings..!

D

dancer

Thanks for the responses :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Schizophrenia Forum 5