• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Ejaculation problem on Meds

A

AndyG

Hi all,

Newbie and first post.

After years of denying I had an issue I finally went to my GP approx. 7 months ago and was prescribed Citalopram. The good news is the pills are working great and really taking the edge off my negative behaviour.

The problem is that I have been unable to reach ejaculation during intercourse since. I told my GP who seemed surprised and prescribed Sildenafil to try.

Has anyone else experienced these issues and maybe know if this will work?

I appreciate your help.

Kerome

Kerome

Hi AndyG and :welcome:

Often these kinds of problems become less on lower doses? I had something similar with Risperidone, and found both my energy and my sex drive much improved on a lower dose.

nonotme

nonotme

I appreciate your help.

my sexual moods are all over the place and have been for years, sadly so. not as I'm in the position to have any sex with anyone (offers on a postcard to............. :mrgreen: ) is the Sildenafil any help?

A

AndyG

Hi AndyG and :welcome:

Often these kinds of problems become less on lower doses? I had something similar with Risperidone, and found both my energy and my sex drive much improved on a lower dose.
I am only on 10mg, so cant go any lower unfortunately. GP advised I wait until I have seen physiologist before attempting to come off them.

A

AndyG

my sexual moods are all over the place and have been for years, sadly so. not as I'm in the position to have any sex with anyone (offers on a postcard to............. :mrgreen: ) is the Sildenafil any help?
Just picked them up today so haven't tried yet. Will keep the thread posted,

nonotme

nonotme

Just picked them up today so haven't tried yet. Will keep the thread posted,
if nowt else mate you'll poke your own eye out!!!!!

I hate that sex when you can't cum :( but not had any sex for a long time now so I'd have no idea how I would preform if I could even manage it.

B

biggerdandy

I hate that sex when you can't cum :( but not had any sex for a long time now so I'd have no idea how I would preform if I could even manage it.
Im not on meds, never had been and consistantly been unable to ejaculate or feel anything during sex

nonotme

nonotme

Im not on meds, never had been and consistantly been unable to ejaculate or feel anything during sex
hi mate, can fuly understand where your at. as men we don't talk about this enough, we should as women have talked about the BIG O for 50 years now...........

i know this might be abit full on for some, but can you cum solo?

rasselas.redux

rasselas.redux

ACCOUNT CLOSED
the inability to ejaculate is a common problem on all stimulants, from amphetamine to prozac.

if a man can ejaculate on his own but not with another person, then thats an anxiety issue.

unhappiness and anxiety tend to go hand in hand.

I had a number of witty additional things to add here but, as I am the New Reformed Sensitive Rasselas, I'll leave you guessing.

rasselas.redux

rasselas.redux

ACCOUNT CLOSED
just to add... its worthwhile becoming a ninja and learning how to control your moment of ecstatic orgasm...

rasselas.redux

rasselas.redux

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I wouldn't want to affect the thrust of the thread. Joking would be premature.

blueflames

blueflames

ACCOUNT CLOSED

but not had any sex for a long time now so I'd have no idea how I would preform if I could even manage it.
If I recollect, it goes ...in and then out, in, out... and so on xx

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Think sex can become a major issue for people on psychiatric medications, for various reasons.

In part i'm content being single, & feel asexual a lot of the time - although i do masturbate - the reality of actual sexual relations i find off putting a lot of the time. Hard to explain. Have been single 16 years - in part i never cross paths with someone i deeply resonate with - But there is something in the condition/medication that seems to block relations as well.

Anyway - i don't see anything wrong in being single - i think it's a lot better & simpler a lot of the time - & less painful.