• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

ego

*autumn*

*autumn*

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I'm interested in how people would define the ego.

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I'm interested in how people would define the ego.
[Difference between Ego & Egotism]

Primarily Identification with mind - Identification with repeating patterns of thoughts about the self. Identification as a separate physical self/personality.

We're in the Age of the Ego - This Civilisation is Dominated by Mind Identified Culture.

Body ID is also very popular - Primary identification with Body or Emotions or Mind (ie I am the Body - I am the Emotions - I am the Mind) - But the primary level of Identification is with Mind - I AM the MIND.

What does Spirit have to do with Mind?

There is nothing wrong with mind/body/emotions - the issue is one of identification.

(imo)

Last edited:
LORD BURT

LORD BURT

The ego causes a lot of problems in this world imo.

trinny

trinny

is egi where we seek refuge when unwell however a negative thing where all thoughts an strivibgs revolve leading us deeper into a not ok state if thats the case whats the answer to breakng out if this scence of unrreality when mind cant cope with current events mmmm nit sure hope on other oppinions not my uneducated theory or fact?