• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

EFT Tapping

OCDguy

OCDguy

Hi all, I stumbled across this. I wondered if it really is effective, and if it has worked for anyone here...

jajingna

jajingna

Almost anything is worth a try... there are a ton of videos there on that "social anxiety solutions" channel

hicks

hicks

I've tried it a bit. Can't say it did any good. Maybe I was doing it wrong. It's based on tapping acupuncture points I think.
May look a bit weird if you do it in public.

jajingna

jajingna

Been doing the tapping along with videos for a month now. Sometimes it seems to help a bit. Once or twice I could feel some strange emotions emerge. There's a bunch of "tapping for ______" videos on youtube though they basically all are for whatever anxiety/fear or sadness/pain you want to alleviate. I just did one for obsessive thoughts, been struggling with those for months, some old memories I'd like to stop dwelling on. Not sure if the tapping helped, but whatever, can't hurt anyway. It's a bit like a new hobby and since I've got too much free time anyway, why not.

OCDguy

OCDguy

Thanks for sharing. I'm finding it very interesting and motivating, please keep us posted with your progress :)

jajingna

jajingna

It's starting to help. I'm feeling like I'm making a little progress, so if anyone reads this, it might be worth trying. May take time to get something out of it, but just 5-10 min/day and after some weeks you might feel a shift. I say "I am safe" and variations like "nothing bad is happening".. "there's no danger" etc because I see it mostly as a safety issue. When I don't feel safe emotionally then anxiety arises.