• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

EFT and Meridian Lines

KP1

KP1

Founding Member
I experienced a session of this alternative treatment at my local community centre and thought I would share my experience.
The therapist asked me a few questions I told her I had major depressive disorder but she didn't really know much else about me.
She did a series of tapping on different points on my body mainly head and face and repeated phrases about being a good person etc. I then had to repeat them with her plus do some breathing.
I clearly felt something shifting in my head affected differents parts and my eyes. I then had a scary experience of something dark in the room which as the session progressed became weaker and ended as just a mild sensation.

At the end of the session I did feel better and was told I looked better.
What to make of it I don't know but something definately happened. After more than two years of conventional treatments I'm willing to give alternative treatments a try.
KP:unsure:

keepsafe

keepsafe

Sounds interesting - sounds a bit like something I did in E.M.D.R.

Are you going to try ist again or is it a one off thing that you get to practice??

KS
:hug:

KP1

KP1

Founding Member
I think I may be able to have a second session so I will try it again. The idea is to learn to do it your self.

keepsafe

keepsafe

The E.M.D.R was like that - and then you get to practice it yourself until you are really good at it - sounds similar - wish you lots of luck with it

KS