• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Effects of anxiety and depression?

L

LiamOreilly

Hi.

So I have probably had depression for awhile and anxiety not as long but more recent. However my depression certainly got more real and severe recently. As I was escaping depression new world I was trying to enter hit me everything I've missed while being depressed which led to a new level of depression and worry and sadness and anxiety.

Anyway for the first time I have had pretty noticeable physical implications...

I feel older suddenly. I am now obsessed by age and scared of getting older. I feel like I look older. Suddenly as a guy who had a very fast metabolism and didn't put on weight almost no matter what...suddenly I'm gaining weight despite not really eating that much only in the abdomen area like a beer belly without the beer....

It's also extra panic and worry to me...and I have no idea if this is reversible is this normal....have I ruined my body through stress? Any helpful ideas or experienced people? Thanks

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

hi Liam depression sucks no one really understands it and yes it can take its toll on your physical body. there is nothing you can do about getting older all you can do is to let that thought go and maybe think of ways of improving your lifestyle. yes im afraid that is the situation when you get older. you have to well i have had to ...reasses your life. no longer the youthful naive mindset that somehow got us through life.

M

ManDss

Are you moving less than before ? Depression tends to make people stay more in bed, or couch, also to eat more, also to dont want to walk.
Are you having any of that ?

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J Alternatives to fluoxetine (without serious side effects) Depression Forum 2
ipanema Fluoxetine/Prozac side effects Depression Forum 4
S Citalopram intense side effects Depression Forum 17
Jam1990 10 days off Celexa and still dealing with negative side effects Depression Forum 4
G side effects of setraline Depression Forum 5
BLUESTAR009 Searching for the best antidepressant w/ minimal side effects or withdrawal. Depression Forum 4
M Who has experienced serious withdrawal symptoms and side effects on antidepressants? Depression Forum 20
M Fighting pristiq side effects Depression Forum 1
E Anxiety Depression Forum 4
D Why do I seemingly not want to get better? Loneliness, failing university, depression, severe anxiety, and not doing anything about it Depression Forum 7
T Depression and Anxiety - possibly triggered by medication Depression Forum 1
M My dad has now caused me to get anxiety attacks Depression Forum 5
P Worry-Anxiety-Trapped Depression Forum 2
F Sleep and Anxiety / Depression Depression Forum 5
W finally not depressed anymore but anxiety is murdering me Depression Forum 7
Murasakibee Christmas Anxiety *tw* Depression Forum 1
Dais Workbook about anxiety and depression I personally found useful. You may like it too. Depression Forum 2
TylersOutlet24 Depression/Anxiety - never ending emotional rollercoaster you DONT want to be on. Depression Forum 3
H Insomnia and anxiety from starting anti-depressant. Suggestions??? Depression Forum 6
S besides self talk what actually reduced your severe depression or anxiety? Depression Forum 17
S Anxiety, Depression, Self-Esteem? Depression Forum 7
TylersOutlet24 How I experience Depression/Anxiety and coping mechanisms to help. Depression Forum 2
Mrs Tiggywinkle Nutrition for depression and anxiety......very good video. 🙂 Depression Forum 3
J Depression with Anxiety Depression Forum 10
Jam1990 Do medications really work for depression/anxiety Depression Forum 24
L Relocation Anxiety/ Depression Depression Forum 6
S Anti seizure meds for anxiety has someone tried this? Depression Forum 4
D Depressed because of social anxiety, thinking about suicide to escape the feelings Depression Forum 8
BLUESTAR009 I've never had depression or anxiety until the last three weeks. There is no threat it's perceived not real Depression Forum 4
G Anxiety bipolar Depression Forum 5
T Possible anxiety/depression? Depression Forum 1
Bluebox11 Anxiety and feeling on edge Depression Forum 10
G My social anxiety makes me seem rude Depression Forum 8
L Job Worries Anxiety Depression Forum 4
C Fear of anxiety-induced depression Depression Forum 6
T Tips for people in financial anxiety Depression Forum 1
B Sports and depression / anxiety Depression Forum 3
L Starting to lose hope with my depression and anxiety Depression Forum 2
D Anxiety and panic attacks Depression Forum 5
K Overwhelming regret from an anxiety riddled bad decision causing chronic depression Depression Forum 1
J anyone try magic mushrooms for there anxiety depression? or treatment besides medication? Depression Forum 10
S Anxiety and depression from past and not getting cured and dragged into more and more problems. Depression Forum 7
J What do u think about this problem with depression and anxiety returning? Depression Forum 1
G adrenaline and anxiety Depression Forum 14
A My Girlfriend (23F) has anxiety, depression, and is suicidal. How can I help her? Depression Forum 6
J what treatment snapped you out of sever anxiety and depression? Depression Forum 20
Bluebox11 Feel lonely and have anxiety Depression Forum 7
H How do I support someone with depression? Depression Forum 7
L Managing depression Depression Forum 10
E Does depression make you say things you don’t mean to the people closest to you? Depression Forum 6