• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Edgy without noise/music

K

Keturi

Hey new to this but I wanna get this right in my head before I take further steps.

I'm not old (early 20's) but over the years I've been having issues dealing with people and generally dealing with silence. When ever it goes quite I feel like I have to do something to make it stop or when I'm at home I get angry I have to go silent but have to have as much noise as possible to block out my thought process but it's not working properly any more I can't get anything damn loud enough and it's making me edgy and it's getting into the realm of myself trying to block the thought process by other more extreme methods.

I've tried self harm before but it offered nothing but hollow and pointless pain but I've started drifting towards hurting others in any way possible to make noise and just stop thinking for a minute. It's like I can't get calm any more regardless what I try and I'm running out of options, I can't turn up the volume past 100% and I can't keep pressing my headphones as humanly possible to head without causing serious damage to myself but I feel like my minds gotten too fragile.

I'm not even certain if this is in the right section and I'm sorry if it is but I'd like to hear other peoples opinions and ideas on how to deal with this.

T

Twylight

Hello and Welcome
It sounds as if your thoughts are too powerful and too fast
I would most definetly mention this to a GP... a.s.a.p.

K

Keturi

Sorry to seem dense but how can your thoughts be too powerful and fast?

I mean I'm not that smart but I can't stop my thought process properly any more, I have to work everything out that interests me but if it's like the other night it's like white noise in my head and all I can do is think.