• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Ed?

B

Bertilow

Hi! is someone online? i'd like to know if someone is experiencing what i am, i can't eat normally, without worrying and feeling regrets and without purging when i'm finished. Is this normal? i'm 27. i think i look normal but everybody keeps on telling me that i'm too thin. Is somebody like me or what do you think about this anyway? please i need someone to talk with.

S

Simple_beauty

Hi! is someone online? i'd like to know if someone is experiencing what i am, i can't eat normally, without worrying and feeling regrets and without purging when i'm finished. Is this normal? i'm 27. i think i look normal but everybody keeps on telling me that i'm too thin. Is somebody like me or what do you think about this anyway? please i need someone to talk with.
It sounds like an eating disorder dear, but I'm not a professional I can't advise. I'm unwell myself. Not sure where you are from but do seek help from professionals if you can. I hope you get better.

B

Bertilow

It sounds like an eating disorder dear, but I'm not a professional I can't advise. I'm unwell myself. Not sure where you are from but do seek help from professionals if you can. I hope you get better.
Thank you, i really don't know who to go to and how to approach this. why are you unwell? are you feeling what i am?

S

Simple_beauty

Thank you, i really don't know who to go to and how to approach this. why are you unwell? are you feeling what i am?
I have a diagnosis of schizoaffective, I have both bipolar and schizophrenia-like symptoms. Go to your doctor, is that possible for you? You'll get better, I promise you.

B

Bertilow

I have a diagnosis of schizoaffective, I have both bipolar and schizophrenia-like symptoms. Go to your doctor, is that possible for you? You'll get better, I promise you.
I’m very sorry to hear this. Is there anything you can do to heal? I hope so!
I tried to go to the doctor but she just gave me some blood tests to do and told me to eat the “right” things. I don’t know how to end this

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
It is midnight where I am so many are asleep.
I don't have bulimia but am worried for you.
have you seen your doctor?

B

Bertilow

It is midnight where I am so many are asleep.
I don't have bulimia but am worried for you.
have you seen your doctor?
It’ 2 am here.. I can’t sleep. I’ve seen a doctor but she just gave me blood tests and told me to eat the “right” things.. it wasn’t very helpful.
I keep on thinking that I should NOT ever eat. I’m never enjoying a meal, never not eating without thinking of purging before I can get any calories from that

P

Purpleplum

It’ 2 am here.. I can’t sleep. I’ve seen a doctor but she just gave me blood tests and told me to eat the “right” things.. it wasn’t very helpful.
I keep on thinking that I should NOT ever eat. I’m never enjoying a meal, never not eating without thinking of throwing it all up before I can get any calories from that
Make sure it is a MH doctor that specializes in ED's. It sounds like you have one.

B

Bertilow

Make sure it is a MH doctor that specializes in ED's. It sounds like you have one.
It’ s very hard, I never tell the truth to anyone. Here is the first time that I actually say it :(

P

Purpleplum

It’ s very hard, I never tell the truth to anyone. Here is the first time that I actually say it :(
That's good that you came out and said it here! That's the first step. ED's are a very secretive illness. Once you start talking about it, you are on your way to recovery.

B

Bertilow

That's good that you came out and said it here! That's the first step. ED's are a very secretive illness. Once you start talking about it, you are on your way to recovery.
I hope you’re right :)

S

Simple_beauty

I keep on thinking that I should NOT ever eat. I’m never enjoying a meal, never not eating without thinking of purging before I can get any calories from that
Push for it. Push for the care you deserve, I realised no one can do that but me. Luckily I'm highly resilient and get the correct treatment. Is it possible to speak to another doctor`/?

K

katwomyn3

Perhaps talking to a counselor or a psychologist, unfortunately seeing a gp is not always helpful. Since it is difficult to be honest with them. But, you are aware enough to know that you are not doing healthy things. The thoughts and behaviours are not physically drastic as first, so that is why a gp doesn't diagnose you first. You need to keep in mind that many people fall under the radar for this reason and that is why it is hard to beat, because by the time we are seeking help the behaviors are so ingrained. @Simple_beauty is right, you need to push and push for the help you need, because only you know how much you need.