• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

ED Thoughts Tumbling Around Inside My Head

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
How many calories are enough? How many calories are too much? How low can I go without slowing down my metabolism? How many pounds can I lose in a week? How many pounds can I lose before my therapist comes back from holidays? How much exercise is enough? How much can I do? And today is cloudy, gloomy, and cold, and I don't even want to step outside. I am feeling really low, don't want to do anything, eat anything, but I have 3 days until my weigh day, and I need to exercise and get off my big fat ass if I want to lose enough weight.

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Blisters on my heels are the only thing keeping me from over-exercising at the moment.

M

Mastiff mom

As far as I know around 1500 calories is a good number, eat a small amount every 2-3 hours. This will keep your metabolism moving and your hunger in check. Choose a lean protein, veggies, nuts and don't eliminate them but take it easy on the carbs. If you're unable to walk right now do a chair workout -- checheck you tube. Best of luck, I know it's tough!

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I think I am having really distorted thoughts about food and calories. Starting to get scared of food.

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I am obsessed. All I can think about is losing weight, and how much I can lose.

H

Helena1

Staff Member on Leave
Does your therapist know of your eating issues?
Do you think your restrictive raw vegan diet has spiraled and caused this? i think this as i used to be vegan when i had a restrictive ED and they said it was a way to restrict and that i needed to give it up to get better.

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
My therapist doesn't know that I've become a raw vegan, but she does know that I have body image issues. I think that my raw vegan diet may be part of this, but I feel like the stress of not seeing my therapist for 3 weeks has escalated this. When I first started the raw vegan thing I still would go over to my parents place for dinner about once a week and eat whatever they served. I was also eating quite a lot of nuts, so I was getting a decent amount of fat in my diet. I thought I was doing really well. The neurotherapy was going well and I wasn't feeling depressed, but now that I have all this free time before classes start (Jan. 6) I kind of went into free-fall.

I don't think I am in a place yet where I want to give up my raw vegan diet. It's like a bit of a security blanket, because I can refuse my typical binge foods on the grounds that I am a raw vegan. It's like having those parameters makes me feel safe, and strong enough to resist the binge foods. I can't just have one cookie. If I eat one, I'll eat the whole bloody package in one sitting. It's just easier to say no flat out.

H

Helena1

Staff Member on Leave
hopefully when you start classes and therapy again it will resolve itself.

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Yeah, I hope so. But I'm not giving up being raw vegan.

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Not in a good space with food again today. I went for a 3 1/2 hour walk in the snow/freezing rain, missed lunch, and at 5:45 pm I still don't even feel hungry. I feel a bit hyper and giddy knowing that I have had so little to eat today.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Eating Disorders Forum 3
N Eating Disorders Forum 2