• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

ED and dental problems

S

Silverlings81

Hi. I had issues with disordered eating and eating disorders for many years. While it is better than it once was, it has left me with a whole lot of dental problems. Most of my teeth have had root canals, and many have crowns or should have crowns. I think realistically, a couple might have to be extracted. I feel like somewhere down the road I will loose my teeth and it is giving me major anxiety. Has anyone had such experiences with irreversible teeth problems caused by ED?

S

sadgirl

I was diagnosed with bulimia nervosa and have had to have teeth removed due to damage done by the eating disorder

Wishbone

Wishbone

I assume it's Bulimia @Silverlings81 and so my question would be: do you brush or rinse after each purge?

G

goodgollymiss

Binge eating has worn my teeth. I shouldnof stayed away from hard foods

S

Silverlings81

Mm I have had periods of bulimia (not currently), it could have been binge eating as for me too. My dentist definitely warned me about hard foods. @sadgirl, what did you do after removal of teeth, did you get implants, bridges, or something of the sort?

G

goodgollymiss

I'm so sorry. I hope none of you are in pain