• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Eczema, anyone?

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Does anybody else here suffer with eczema?

I do, and I find the main trigger for me is stress.
I don't know what the science behind it all is, maybe inflammation happens when you're upset or feeling anxious?

Anyway, am looking to share tips for how to cope and prevent it.

At the moment, things are quite bad, but it's a job to know if I should be putting my usual steroid cream on 'broken skin'... at the moment, i'm just not doing anything and leaving things as they are.
Drinking lots of water in hopes that it'll help (it hasn't so far :low:).

U

urbangibbon

Does anybody else here suffer with eczema?

I do, and I find the main trigger for me is stress.
I don't know what the science behind it all is, maybe inflammation happens when you're upset or feeling anxious?

Anyway, am looking to share tips for how to cope and prevent it.

At the moment, things are quite bad, but it's a job to know if I should be putting my usual steroid cream on 'broken skin'... at the moment, i'm just not doing anything and leaving things as they are.
Drinking lots of water in hopes that it'll help (it hasn't so far :low:).
I suffer with Rosacea. Which has certain similarities to Eczema. It is like a hybrid between Eczema and Acne. A student friend at university suffered with Eczema on her arms. It was very red and sore and itchy. She medicated herself on a large dose of Evening Primrose Oil and Starflower (Borage) Oil. It actually shifted all the symptoms. I think she took about 2g every day (500mg X 4 capsules). You could check out any reports on the internet regarding this oil to treat Eczema.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Thanks for the suggestion.
I've never really thought of taking any kind of oil capsules - but thinking about it, it makes sense that it might help.
As I said, I think it's good if you can get your body to sort itself from the inside out.
It's all very well using creams, but it doesn't really get to the root of the problem.

Sorry to hear you struggle with rosacea. It's not easy dealing with skin conditions. x

U

urbangibbon

Thanks for the suggestion.
I've never really thought of taking any kind of oil capsules - but thinking about it, it makes sense that it might help.
As I said, I think it's good if you can get your body to sort itself from the inside out.
It's all very well using creams, but it doesn't really get to the root of the problem.

Sorry to hear you struggle with rosacea. It's not easy dealing with skin conditions. x
Yes, chronic skin problems always have psychological effects on people. Especially if the skin disorder can be seen on the face. Sometimes I think the psychological effects are worse than the skin problem itself. I have had skin problems since my teens. I am now in my 50s. As I am sure you know, all the major common skin problems (Eczema, Psoriasis, Acne, Rosacea, Vitiligo, Dermatitis) are incurable but symptoms can be treated.

Gajolene

Gajolene

I worry about shingles as two other family members have it and lately small blemishes seem to take forever to heal.I worry about becoming diabetic as well when it comes to my skin.
My mum swore by vitamin E capsules and shark oil caps. Now they consider shingles a virus and there is an immunization for it as well. Must admitt I neglect my fair skin too and it's showing now I'm getting older.
Something I should be taking better care of.:(

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Wellbeing 4