• We have just changed our forum software and are still tweaking things. You can log in using your existing user name and password. If you spot any problems please let us know by posting in the Feedback and suggestions section of the forum.

Watch this short film to find out how to use the new forum!

ECT - an antivirus scan and removal

M

Mexis

Me getting ECT is like installing an antivirus program on my computer and performing an antivirus scan, removing any viruses it finds.

I

iwanthope

I'm sorry you had ect. How do you feel?

vanish

vanish

I found ECT really helpful. It didn’t cure me but it certainly brought me back from the abyss.

I

iwanthope

Wait until you experience memory problems. Ect causes brain damage and permanent memory loss.

vanish

vanish

I must be one of the lucky ones. My memory is fine short and long term and I’ve had ECT extensively. The only reason I still don’t have it is because my insurance doesn’t cover it.

I

iwanthope

Ok you must either be lucky or unaware that you have lost faculties. It might not become apparent now. It may become apparent later on.

I

iwanthope

You're very very lucky but it doesn't take away the fact that many others have been harmed by it.

calypso

calypso

Admin
I found ECT really helpful. It didn’t cure me but it certainly brought me back from the abyss.
I had it in the early 1980s and it also brought me back from the abyss as you say. BUT it did cause loss of short term memory and some long term things disappeared too. They did it more brutally back then though.

I

iwanthope

I still think it's invasive and some people I've spoken to have described it like a form of rape.

M

Mexis

I still think it's invasive and some people I've spoken to have described it like a form of rape.
SSRI is the only non-talk-therapy treatment I've ever heard of that hasn't been criticized for being invasive.