• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Ebony

E

EstherRose94

Midnight you’re an awesome cat mom and I’m SURE you did the best job

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

Midnight you’re an awesome cat mom and I’m SURE you did the best job
i keep replaying what the vet said before i moved, that she was likely to only have 2 years left and i also keep replaying what the rescue lady said after Ebony was gone and i took Ebony's special food to the rescue closest to where i currently live, she asked how old Ebony was and i said estimated age was 7 (the part i didnt say was she was maybe older than that we just dont know) and she was like "never" in a shocked voice and i felt she was blaming me for Ebony's premature passing even though she knew nothing of what Ebony had been through or what the vet had said or anything, i felt too judged by her to tell her any of it :cry:

E

EstherRose94

Maybe she just like felt sad for you. Didn’t mean she was blaming you :hug:

E

EstherRose94

Aww I’m sure she was! 😻 and I’m sure she loved midnight!

E

EstherRose94

Once she was with you I bet she forgot all about that. ❤ I’m sure she was a happy, spoiled girl.

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

Once she was with you I bet she forgot all about that. ❤ I’m sure she was a happy, spoiled girl.
tbh i am sure she remembered, she would often wake with a cry at 3am like she had a bad dream about what happened and would then come to the op of the bed to ask that her meowmy reassure her :cry:

it got worse after her boyfriend Tom died cause he was her protector :cry:

E

EstherRose94

Aww omg you had her little bf cat too? That’s so adorable. I’m sure it was scary to hear her cry like that. That would shake me up a little too. But I don’t think that you should feel guilty at all. It’s okay to feel sad for her but also happy for her because she had you!

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

Aww omg you had her little bf cat too? That’s so adorable. I’m sure it was scary to hear her cry like that. That would shake me up a little too. But I don’t think that you should feel guilty at all. It’s okay to feel sad for her but also happy for her because she had you!
i remember when both was still with me i looked into fostering for cats protection, Ebony would of been okay with another cat in the house but might of been nervous with the new people, but Tom made it clear after Ebony hid in the kitchen that new people coming into the house were going to do harms to Ebony and so snarled and hissed and glared at the cats protection volunteers cause Ebony thought they had come to get her and Tom was trying to defend his girlfriend, i made sure they knew not to look Tom straight in the eyes cause of what he was like (he would of thought they was more of a threat than he did if they had of looked him in the eyes)

Ebony hid in the kitchen and Tom hid under the downstairs bed after i invited them in (Tom could not manage the stairs, he had problems with his back/back legs)

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

i still cannot foster for cats protection cause they decided that the village i live in wouldnt be easy enough for people to get to to visit new cat and also Willow is way too territorial dominant to accept a new cat even short term :(

She accepts Tigger cause Tigger was here first