Eating too much, how being mindful and using visulisation helped me!

F

Fancyharm

I just wanted to share something that has helped me to stop overeating recently.

I have wanted to stop overeating for a long time, mainly chocolate.

I am pleased to say I have found something that works, basically I just thought to myself one day whilst doing nothing and sitting at the table, how much I would like to stop overeating.

So I just said to myself that I was going to try and realise that sometimes when I want to eat food and I am not hungry that I will not eat for the sake of eating through boredom. I also said that I would like to repeat these thoughts as often as possible, without putting pressure on myself.

Over a six month period I had the thoughts pop up in my mind about 5 times and it worked! Now I don't overeat through boredom etc. I used to be able to eat a whole
large packet of chocolate buttons, now I can only eat a quarter of a packet and I enjoy the chocolate much more.

Poopy Doll

Poopy Doll

Fancyharm, well done, you. I only eat one or two squares of dark chocolate at a time and save the rest. I never eat between meals. There has to be four hours at least between meals.