Eating Less Again

H

HollyR

Since I was 14 I have suffered with anorexia, bulimia and body dysphmorohia, but that got better by the time I was 16/17 years old. The last relapse was last year, and then after that I was determined to gain weight and be healthy again. I'm not going backwards a little bit.

I'm now 20 years old, and in the last week I've started to restrict my food in an attempt to tone up, and I've been going to the gym 4-6 times a week. It's working already and I love the results, but I'm scared that I'm loving them too much, as I'm falling back into old habits of counting calories, weighing myself and looking for bones a lot.

S

sabrinaa_lee

Eating disorders are slippery slopes, and it's best to get help asap. I know it's really hard to stop on your own, so if you feel like you're getting worse then please reach out for help. Once it worsens, it's much harder to recover. Remember that you need food to fuel yourself. Stay strong!

M

Mary26

Same thing happened to me only I couldn't see what was happening as clearly as you're seeing it and before I knew it, I had a full blown eating disorder AGAIN and lost several more years of my life because for me, it was more existing than living. It's like quicksand; it swallows you right up. We always have freedom of choice but the deeper you get, the harder it gets to pull yourself out. I know you already know this but it's easy to forget the misery we suffer for that elusive goal of being "thin enough" that's never quite met. Hugs.

H

HollyR

Thank you for your replies, I just feel nervous about eating in case I gain weight because I feel like I'm fat. I've been going to the gym every day almost apart from the last two days due to a cold, but I've been eating less and healthier foods so this weight loss isn't so much starving but more trying to be better.

I don't really know tbh… I just don't feel comfortable in my body x

M

Mary26

Hi Holly. I just read your posts on different threads from Wednesday and I can see you're really struggling. You mentioned having a counselor but I'm wondering if you have considered a more immersive treatment program specifically for eating disorders?

H

HollyR

Hi Holly. I just read your posts on different threads from Wednesday and I can see you're really struggling. You mentioned having a counselor but I'm wondering if you have considered a more immersive treatment program specifically for eating disorders?
Hi Mary,

I keep binging and just pigging out, I'm really trying not to but it's really tough. My counsellor does special in these things, I'm just waiting for our next session to talk about it properly. I don't really like to talk about my eating disorder often because I always seem to have a problem x

M

Mary26

Hi Mary,

I keep binging and just pigging out, I'm really trying not to but it's really tough. My counsellor does special in these things, I'm just waiting for our next session to talk about it properly. I don't really like to talk about my eating disorder often because I always seem to have a problem x
I'm thinking maybe you're bingeing because you're hungry. It could be a cycle of restricting and bingeing. A meal plan would stop the cycle (if that's what you want).

H

HollyR

I'm thinking maybe you're bingeing because you're hungry. It could be a cycle of restricting and bingeing. A meal plan would stop the cycle (if that's what you want).
Maybe, I'm thinking of a way to get around it x