eating and anxiety

megirl

megirl

I have never really been a person to eat breakfast, i never feel hungry when i get up.
In the last few weeks have been eating breakfast but ends up i feel sluggish bloated and feeling fat.
I had put on a little bit of weight and couldnt cope with being any heavier than i am.
Today i feel so much better in myself i have eaten a few crackers for lunch I will go to work and eat something when i get home tonight.
I am struggling to take proper care of myself however i kind of feel more alive and full of energy which in love.
I am a little anxious today but better than feeling blah
Do other people get this.
Also i find my support worker often mentions his weight (he is seriously overweight) and the fact he is going to weight watchers. I am wondering if this is triggering for me.
Somewhere deep down i feel like fuck if i keep eating well i will get as big as him.
Mental illness is a pain.
Should i mention the weight thing to him.
I know if he told me he had lost weight i would be envious and want to lose weight also.
I do get on with him better but dont want him to think i am being judgemental.
I like it when people are just happy in their own skin what ever their size is, I admire them and think that would be amazing!
What to do unsure?

confusedwanderwaffle

confusedwanderwaffle

I have never really been a person to eat breakfast, i never feel hungry when i get up.
In the last few weeks have been eating breakfast but ends up i feel sluggish bloated and feeling fat.
I had put on a little bit of weight and couldnt cope with being any heavier than i am.
Today i feel so much better in myself i have eaten a few crackers for lunch I will go to work and eat something when i get home tonight.
I am struggling to take proper care of myself however i kind of feel more alive and full of energy which in love.
I am a little anxious today but better than feeling blah
Do other people get this.
Also i find my support worker often mentions his weight (he is seriously overweight) and the fact he is going to weight watchers. I am wondering if this is triggering for me.
Somewhere deep down i feel like fuck if i keep eating well i will get as big as him.
Mental illness is a pain.
Should i mention the weight thing to him.
I know if he told me he had lost weight i would be envious and want to lose weight also.
I do get on with him better but dont want him to think i am being judgemental.
I like it when people are just happy in their own skin what ever their size is, I admire them and think that would be amazing!
What to do unsure?
Hi megirl :)

Glad you feel with yourself today, keep it up

when he mentions his weight it triggers you in what way? it affects your self-esteem?

megirl

megirl

it may seem odd but I guess I just think maybe I need to lose weight also
I guess it is a self-esteem thing. We are all different and I am fine the way I am.
I am in the low end of the healthy weight range. I get very self conscious about m y weight when others talk about their weight issues.
I feel in a gd space home from work. Having a cuppa then off to bed sn

confusedwanderwaffle

confusedwanderwaffle

it may seem odd but I guess I just think maybe I need to lose weight also
I guess it is a self-esteem thing. We are all different and I am fine the way I am.
I am in the low end of the healthy weight range. I get very self conscious about m y weight when others talk about their weight issues.
I feel in a gd space home from work. Having a cuppa then off to bed sn
Okay, well in that case to your question if you should confront him about it making you feel bad when he mentioned his weight? i dont know.. i suppose it would depend on how you go about it but in my personal opinion, i dont feel like you should confront him because he's done nothing wrong and he might get defensive but what you could do as an alternative i think is either: divert the conversation when he mentions weight if you don't feel comfortable OR when and if he does mention weight again turn it into A positive discussion by telling yourself that you're doing a pretty good job and that you are proud of yourself for that! dont let negative thoughts ruin your day. but if none of the above works then in the very least if you feel like you have to say something about it, perhaps say it in a light-hearted way and let him know it makes you a little uncomfortable when he mentions weight sometimes...Hope this helped

megirl

megirl

Yeh you are right he isnt trying to make me feel bad and yes I guess that it i think is me making his comments into something its not. He may or may not need to lose weight but thats just a comment and thats all it is.
Thanks for your input

valleygirl

valleygirl

I think your support worker should know better than to talk about his weight with you. It sounds like he is insecure and has some of his own issues that he needs to work through, and he shouldn't be involving you in that. Does he have a supervisor that you could mention this to?

megirl

megirl

I have just spoken to his collegue who i get on with really well she knows my personality, traits how i deal with stuff she has known me for some time. I cant be her actual client as she isnt a registered nurse shes a support worker and can only work with a nurse in complex cases (me)
But anyway they came out to see me a couple of hours ago, she basically spoke to me and i observed my case manager he could clearly see the relationship between myself and her. It was interesting she can 'read' me and by my speech straight away
alls good

valleygirl

valleygirl

Oh, that's good that you were able to speak to his colleague about it. I'm glad having her observe your case manager went well and that you are doing well.

megirl

megirl

Yes how are you?
And welcome I havnt seen you around but hi and thanx xx

megirl

megirl

Its great to here that todays been a good one?
I hope it continues take things day by day baby steps xx
nurture yourself take care of you,
and keep posting I have been here now almost 5 years but have always found the site very helpful and theres some wonderful genuine people that care,
x

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
iamnotsane Bipolar Forum 3
N Bipolar Forum 1
BLACKER Bipolar Forum 15
E Bipolar Forum 1