• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Eastenders story line - Schizophrenia

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
What do you think about it?

It is interesting they chose to go with his mum trying to get rid of his girlfriend to protect his mental health. The girlfriend wouldn't give in though as she loves him. He told her he would be in and out of hospital his whole life now and she said she didn't mind as she loves him.

E

England is always raining

I am glad u made a post about this .

why will he be in and out his whole life? Surely in real world they send u off with tablets or section for 6 months . His mum has taken control and having the gf visit is another friendly face for him so I think should of let her see him just less often.

is schizophrenia like phycosis long term?Symptoms seem the same.

I really wanted to tell my parents…this is what i went through .!
The parts of him hearing the voices sat by the door. Talking to them and talking back to family . Erratic, angry & confused.
that was me . Totally.

I was having drug induced phycosis for about 8 months maybe a year and this is what it was like.

Mine was 3 voices discussing me and I didn’t know if they was watching me or in my head.His voices were like one person repeating words . Mine was like a real conversation between the 3 voices .
I had enough that day and I was feeling brave I was standing up to them,walked out the door and went to take my own life. I was found by walkers by. Detained and sectioned.
No one visited me.

im sober now, the odd relapse but my mind doesn’t hear them coz I’m not taking drugs like before.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I don't watch EastEnders, but sounds interesting...👀
I will find a link. It is on iplayer i am sure, as i watched some of Stacey's bipolar storyline when i had no TV signal a while ago.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide

This is the link to iplayer. I cannot find the link to the parts involving Isaac's journey, but he was in the one last night 20/08/21. Maybe someone could find the set on this storyline?

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I am glad u made a post about this .

why will he be in and out his whole life? Surely in real world they send u off with tablets or section for 6 months . His mum has taken control and having the gf visit is another friendly face for him so I think should of let her see him just less often.

is schizophrenia like phycosis long term?Symptoms seem the same.

I really wanted to tell my parents…this is what i went through .!
The parts of him hearing the voices sat by the door. Talking to them and talking back to family . Erratic, angry & confused.
that was me . Totally.

I was having drug induced phycosis for about 8 months maybe a year and this is what it was like.

Mine was 3 voices discussing me and I didn’t know if they was watching me or in my head.His voices were like one person repeating words . Mine was like a real conversation between the 3 voices .
I had enough that day and I was feeling brave I was standing up to them,walked out the door and went to take my own life. I was found by walkers by. Detained and sectioned.
No one visited me.

im sober now, the odd relapse but my mind doesn’t hear them coz I’m not taking drugs like before.
That sounds very difficult. I am terrified of losing my mind one day but i take my medication and look after myself. I have bipolar disorder not schizophrenia but i have had a depression with psychosis twice.

E

That sounds very difficult. I am terrified of losing my mind one day but i take my medication and look after myself. I have bipolar disorder not schizophrenia but i have had a depression with psychosis twice.
do u think bi polar is like schicosphrenia? the meds they gave me olazapine helped cure me of the voices in phycosis

E

This is the link to iplayer. I cannot find the link to the parts involving Isaac's journey, but he was in the one last night 20/08/21. Maybe someone could find the set on this storyline?
I think it was more end July , beg aug when he got sectioned and the episode of him hearing voices being sat by the door and the police came after his theory of ruby knowing about stuff

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
do u think bi polar is like schicosphrenia? the meds they gave me olazapine helped cure me of the voices in phycosis
No, i don't. I think schizoaffective might be more schizophrenia than bipolar, but i am just basing that view on my experiences and what i have seen and heard. My psychosis was not anywhere near as severe as i have seen in people with schizophrenia.

I also think there might be different types of schizophrenia as i know people who were starved of oxygen at birth who developed it and people who used drugs which caused psychosis. In my family i have both, and the former is in hospital regularly but the later has not been in hospital for many years.

Are you still taking Olanzapine?

E

No, i don't. I think schizoaffective might be more schizophrenia than bipolar, but i am just basing that view on my experiences and what i have seen and heard.

I also think there might be different types of schizophrenia as i know people who were starved of oxygen at birth who developed it and people who used drugs which caused psychosis. In my family i have both, and the former is in hospital regularly but the later has not been in hospital for many years.

mine was drug induced yes. I made my self ill . tbh I have stopped olazapine as I gained so much weight and only took it to make me sleep, im not phsycotic anymore so I dont need it.was on Quitapine for almost a year and it did nothing.

E

No, i don't. I think schizoaffective might be more schizophrenia than bipolar, but i am just basing that view on my experiences and what i have seen and heard. My psychosis was not anywhere near as severe as i have seen in people with schizophrenia.

I am not sure if I may have schizophrenia disorder bipolar type. sn my moods are up and down. like either really up or really down now. sometimes half way through the day and think all sorts of stuff . I put it down to being robbed by someone I know and I often think they are after me again then another day im fine

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
mine was drug induced yes. I made my self ill . tbh I have stopped olazapine as I gained so much weight and only took it to make me sleep, im not phsycotic anymore so I dont need it.was on Quitapine for almost a year and it did nothing.
You didn't know it was going to cause psychosis, and i am sure there are reasons why you used drugs. To forget things?

My cousin who was using canabis, he was psychotic once but really very unwell and in hospital for months. He has stopped his medication for the same reasons as you actually, but he is i would say mildly delusional all of the time. He is irritating to talk to, i should be kinder about him but i don't like him very much anyway, he talks constantly. Maybe he has a mood disorder too?

I hope you remain well. It is always possible it will return.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I think it was more end July , beg aug when he got sectioned and the episode of him hearing voices being sat by the door and the police came after his theory of ruby knowing about stuff
Thanks for this, i missed some episodes and wanted to catch it all.