Eastenders monday night!

Nikita

Nikita

ACCOUNT CLOSED
What a load of corny,cheesy,lying bollocks.Stacy is blossoming into sanity itself under the watchful eye of the only two staff members on the psyche ward.She isn't just (stupid) being punished,she is ill and she is learning to cope says the posh staff nurse.
and miracles do happen as baby Arfur(Jesus) and Maddonna are given a room in the muva and baby unit and Stacy's got her own bathroom so that was enough to put a wide smile on her face and instant healing....especially as the nurse looking after her used to sell underwear on a market stall too so Stacy is among her own people now!

What a load of bollocks,we are meant to see that nothing is wrong with the staff or treatment at these places that more money wouldn't fix and that they always look after us the best they can and help us get well.What about how when I was in psychosis I was in my room 24/7 and someone came in my room 3 times in all that time to make me sip some water and apart from that they did fuck all to help me.Or the frequent shift changes that meant I never saw the same people more thatn once a fortnight.Or the fact that the other patients were violent and got jealous if you were given too much attention.

I had to turn over half way through cos the whole Martin and Stacy Barmy Army,four of them babysitting at Martin's lookin after little arfa,were looking like a mother hen's tea party,it made me sick and want to puke...what a load of tosh.....not realistic at all.

Kurtcobain93_RIP

Kurtcobain93_RIP

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I thought that

Jaminacaranda

Jaminacaranda

I totally agree with you even though I've never personally been hospitalized for MH problems. I understand the producers got lots of help from MH organisations including MIND, but of course they've got to put a positive spin on 'treatment' Nikita. What else would they do? They want people to engage with the process willingly and enthusiastically. It's a soap. They aren't going to deal with an issue like this realistically, honestly - that's what documentaries are for - hopefully.

S

seekingsense2

I've been hospitalized and although it wasn't quite as flash and modern as that it was a positive experience for me and a few of my friends who I met there and am still in contact with. Nurses did come in to check on people regularly. if people were 'quiet' or disengaging for long periods they would attend to them and make sure that everything was ok. A few nurses would take patients out for a chat or a catch up to see how things were going.
Some people did need more attention, some may have felt they didn't get enough. Bit I can honestly say that most of the staff did their job well, and from what I could tell a very good percentage of them did actually care. Some even indicated, without crossing their own professionalism, that they could relate due to their own experiences.
I didn't want to comment on this thread originally because I have only seen short clips of the prog, and I know that many people have had bad or traumatic experiences so i don;t want to dismiss that. But in case people are reading and think that all psych wards are poor I can say that the one that I have been on (more than once) was good.

Nikita

Nikita

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Well I was hosptalized more than once and it wasn't always completely bad,but when it was bad boy was it bad.One thing I did learn over the years in and out of hospital the staff were more barmy and sick in the head than the patients honestly and that is before they were sexually abusing the patients.
I just couldn't stand Eastenders portraying the happy lovey dovey patient/staff relations,it isn't like that,some of the staff are horrendous to deal with especially when you are ill.But never mind them wanting people to engage they shouldn't have made it look so desperately falsely shinning happy smiley when it comes to Stacy's end and make her partner Martin look like the one doing ten rounds with Mike Tyson and about to lose his marbles.Cos that isn't what really happens not when you've got four happy clappy hens looking after things at home,and he still looks like he's doing it all with no help at all.And also only two weeks and 6 phone calls later he finds Stacy a place in a mother and baby unit in Essex,like what?Since when do they let family ring round NHS to find their spouse a spare bed in another area!ha ha ha!

I mean they don't want to put people off engaging with the services by showing what it is really like?Why not?Put them off. Why show a false picture and have people put themselves on the line whereas if they knew the truth they would maybe manage to stay well without putting themselves through the real deal.

S

seekingsense2

I really do get your stance on things and I agree. But I am lucky that my local hospital has a good unit. It is a real shame that there is such a difference in facilities. I just wanted to post in case there were people who thought that they might need help and the program had made them think that maybe it isn't so bad to have to go in are reassured that there are some good units.
All I can say is at least they are attempting to show the inside of a psych ward. Most programs end with the baddie being lynched and carted off to the 'loony bin' with gates slamming shut! At least it's a step forward in that respect.

Jaminacaranda

Jaminacaranda

I agree Nikita - but as a viewer, I understood that what they showed was idealised, sanitised and unrealistic. Actually I have to say, when watching it I almost wanted things to start going wrong because I believed that would be more real and actually make for better drama.

life2live

life2live

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Yeah agree not a accurate Nikita

Have you ever watched Homeland ?

In Homeland Bipolar is far more accurately portrait.