• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Eastenders did anyone watch?

Wendy

Wendy

Did anyone see eastenders tonight(Friday?)
What did you think of staceys portrayl of a bipolar sufferer?
Wendy x

M

mad as a hatter

I got bipolor the best was when she got past them all into 2 the square tried 2 do a runner reminds me off myself i,ve done that so many times i usually caught 2

dib4uk

dib4uk

I've caught snappits of that show, but, I think that they hype it up a bit.

Not everyone with bi-pola gets sectioned, some lead a successful job and careers... but sayin that, bipola and like any other mental health problem IS an individual thing and the experience might sound similar or be the same, but not everyone is the same as the character in east enders.

:innocent:

Sugar Coated Owl

Sugar Coated Owl

I thought Eastenders dealt with bipolar disorder very well. Credit has to go to the actress Lacey Turner :clap:

DiagnosisBipolar2

DiagnosisBipolar2

I've caught snappits of that show, but, I think that they hype it up a bit.

Not everyone with bi-pola gets sectioned, some lead a successful job and careers... but sayin that, bipola and like any other mental health problem IS an individual thing and the experience might sound similar or be the same, but not everyone is the same as the character in east enders.

:innocent:
Agree with you. I hate Eastenders but caught snippets of it. Her symptoms seemed to come on ever so quickly and she seemed to cross from Schizophrenia, to OCD to Manic unrealistically.

I didn't see the severe depression side at all??

dib4uk

dib4uk

Agree with you. I hate Eastenders but caught snippets of it. Her symptoms seemed to come on ever so quickly and she seemed to cross from Schizophrenia, to OCD to Manic unrealistically.

I didn't see the severe depression side at all??
Yes i agree, and today I watched when she got sectioned- wow that was really quick... I guess the thing is that its about to dramamtise it and not to display real life.

On a seperate note to that, well joined, does anyone think that Stacy has something other than Bi-pola?

Anyone watch hollyoaks and Newts schziophrenic problems?

Sugar Coated Owl

Sugar Coated Owl

I watched Hollyoaks. I think perhaps his illness was dealt with better than Stacey's bipolar as they allowed his to develop over time.

I didn't realise that Rae (the girl) wasn't real.

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I saw it.I didn't think the acting was that great.It made me smile.

J

jamesdean

I watched eastenders yesterday it seemed a wholelot of screaming but it was really sad @ the end when she was taken off by the police,no doudt she will win an award for her acting. I maybe dont know enough about bi polar to judge though I know depression is nothinglike that I dont have all that enrgy I'mglad that bradley didnt stay I thought that sids part was played excellent.

I have only ever experienced mania once for a short period of time last year when all I did was wentshopping I looke @ my accounts yesterday for the first time they seemed to be going down a little thank god JD

Q

quality factor

Yes a lot of screaming, but the positive was that at least the BBC tried to bring mental health issues out into the open in a more positive way than that awful Russell Brand bloke a few months ago....remember??

QF.

D

dlzoidberg

Yes a lot of screaming, but the positive was that at least the BBC tried to bring mental health issues out into the open in a more positive way than that awful Russell Brand bloke a few months ago....remember??

QF.
Yes, and who can forget The Sun's "Bonkers Bruno Locked Up" headline!

F

flamehairedlunatic

I though Eastenders and Lacey Turner did brilliantly at portraying it. OK, so it was a bit hyped up and events were speeded along for it being a soap but I sat there watching it with my Mum and cringed as it was so true to life. I was in the position about a year ago and it brought back a lot of memories.

Daily Check

Daily Check

I agree that the acting side was very good- both Stacey, and her mums reactions when dealing with it. Im not generally a fan of Soaps, but I think Eastenders have done a good, tactful job of highlighting the issue of Bipolar.

E

EternalityFlames

I personally thought it was a bit over-dramatised. I'm not sure if anyone else did and as though she was acting as though she had something a little bit more than bipolar but thats just my opinion. But I guess you're right it is a soap and not meant to completely potray real life, but I'd probably like it if it was a little bit less hyped and a bit more real-life. Oh I love hollyoaks. They do brilliant jobs with issues. I think the Newt story was well thought out.