• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

East Midlands - Nottingham, Derby Loughborough, Leicester anxiety support & friendship.

D

Desna

East Midlands - Nottingham, Derby Loughborough, Leicester anxiety support & friendship.

Hi,

I am a warm, genuine and vibrant female looking to extend my support network by meeting people local to the East Midlands area & making female friends.

I suffer from anxiety, panic attacks and agoraphobia, so this is a huge step for me. If I can do this, I'm sure that you can :)

Please post here or private message me if you are at all interested in one to one and / or group meetings with women who understand anxiety & mental distress and can offer friendship.

Forums are a great way of accessing support, but I would love to widen my real life social network & share experiences, friendship & support in real life situations.

Wishing good health to all.
Desna x

F

funiman

So sorry to hear your issue Desna, and also you seem to only want female friends, but wishes heard, and good luck in your search for support, but remember sometimes what we need comes from the most unexpected corners of life, x

N

Natters1975

Hiya there I too suffer with anxiety(depression too) live in Derby am looking to meet new people to chat to and build friendships with people who understand:)
Nat xxx

C

crashinginthesamecar

Hello! I know this is a little old now, but I am new to Nottingham & really struggling to make friends. I have anxiety & depression. Would love to make like minded friends :)

A

Alix2900

Hello, I know this has been a while since posting, but I thought I could try to see if this thread is still on going. I live in Leicestershire and have been isolated for a long time due to anxiety and depression. I would love to make new friends that are or have been going through the same things as me. Alix

P

_Poppy_

Hi!

I live just outside of Nottingham. I am relatively new to the area. I suffer from anxiety which has developed into agoraphobia in recent years. I feel very lonely at times and isolated as a result.

I would love to get in touch with people who understand the impact that anxiety has on all aspects of life and develop genuine friendships over time.

Please PM me or reply here if you are interested. I would love to hear back from you :)

W

wantingbetter

Hi, I live a little to the west of Mansfield and suffer with anxiety, agoraphobia and depression, which I am battling to overcome on a daily basis; I am looking to form friendships within the East Midlands with others who understand the issues I'm facing and would like support in overcoming their own.

I look forward to hearing from anyone.

W

wantingbetter

I know you do, Fairy Lucretia, you're only about an hour from me (traffic permitting) via the A38 or M1/M42; you're welcome to join our little Midlands band if you'd like?

C

Catmomma

Hello everyone I've just joined the forum I have general anxiety, social anxiety and depression. I live in Matlock and feel very isolated in my daily struggle with just existing. Would like just one female friend to talk to but I can never find anyone,people just drift away from me.

Last edited:
W

wantingbetter

Hi Catmomma, I'm afraid I'm not that female friend you seek, but I understand that feeling of being isolated and coping with depression and anxiety. I am hoping that we can build up this East Midlands community and forge some genuine friendships; coincidentally, I'll be in Matlock this evening (for a meetup). I hope you're able to find what you need from this group.

C

Catmomma

Hi wantingbetter thanks for your reply and yeah never mind about not being female I know I'm never going to find that friend anyway as I'm on another forum and I've not had any luck on there either.i have a few online and penpals but no 'real' friends that I can just meet up with and have tea and cake-I have simple pleasures! What's the meet up you're going to tonight? I'm on meetup but never had the courage to attend one as I don't like being in groups.

W

wantingbetter

Tonight's meetup is a visit to Jason Manford's comedy club at The Loft - there are only three of us going; I know what you mean about groups (it took me 2 1/2 years to attend my first meetup event and that was a walk so that I wasn't sat somewhere trying to make conversation) but the best way to meet a new friend is to find someone within a group.

As for tea and cake, we do that as a meetup too!