Early recovery after 33 years of Bulimia hell!!

M

MindBodySpirit

I’ve been in recovery for about a year I’m had relapses in this time but I’m months free of B/P. I have gained so much weight I’m medically morbidly obese! I’ve never been super thin I’m not built to be small and her lies the issue. I have used this method to hold a size 12/14 frame for a these years. I’m now up to a 20/22. Every day it’s a battle I’m trying to accept myself but I’m not comfortable in my body. I know my body is holding on to everything and I don’t blame it. It’s hard for me I’m trying to focus on heath and getting fitter by walking and dancing but I’m so large it’s impacting on my health. I went and asked the doctor for help I sat sobbing and was referred to slimming world (one of the relapses).

I know we are not all supposed to be one size but I’m struggling with this level of weight gain, I’m not eating excessive amounts of food.

I’ve had blood work done it’s all normal. This is what has happened to me and although I’m free of bulimia I now feel trapped in a body that doesn’t allow me to be active as much as I try.

M

MindBodySpirit

I thought this would be a helpful avenueX I guess not! Thanks for the welcome!

G

goodgollymiss

Do you like kombucha or vegetable juice. My meds brought me up to a size sixteen but now I'm s size 14. Brushing my teeth between meals stops me from snacking. I also find that plain white milk gives me just the right amount of energy. Listening to music seems to make me want to snack less. But you don't have a problem with snacking which is good. Maybe you could buy a plant identification key book to identify plants on nature walks. My veganism was almost like bulimia. I did not know what I was doing and I was stubborn. I'm sure that some people are good with veganism but I was too young. I feel guilty about my ocd's but I also seem to flip flop about what I think is right. I feel ashamed about every thought so I think that I have to follow more rules

R

Rebeca1

I had the same problem with bulimia, I stopped after about a year and went from a size 10-12 to a size 18 and believe I now have permanent metobic damage and I can't loose weight no matter how I try with loads of belly fat wich I never used to have. I find it impossible to lose weight, I wish that I never have done it.

M

MindBodySpirit

Maybe you are vitamin deficient because I used to be heavier without vitamins
Thanks for the reply. I’ve had all my bloods done and I was lacking in iron and Vit D but I’ve taken supplements for over two years now

M

MindBodySpirit

I had the same problem with bulimia, I stopped after about a year and went from a size 10-12 to a size 18 and believe I now have permanent metobic damage and I can't loose weight no matter how I try with loads of belly fat wich I never used to have. I find it impossible to lose weight, I wish that I never have done it.
This is exactly what I think too and after 33 yearsim not sure it will ever change.

G

goodgollymiss

A multi vitamin or a meal replacement shake is probably the best. They say you have to eat tons of food to get the same vitamins as a multivitamin. I'm on iron too. Liquid iron seems to be absorbed faster

M

MindBodySpirit

A multi vitamin or a meal replacement shake is probably the best. They say you have to eat tons of food to get the same vitamins as a multivitamin. I'm on iron too. Liquid iron seems to be absorbed faster
That’s what I have been told too

H

Helena1

Staff Member on Leave
I think it takes a while for you body to normilise after an ED, a year is a very short period of time when you have had an ED for 33 years.

M

MindBodySpirit

Thank you, I hope that’s what it is x

M

MindBodySpirit

I went back to see another doctor and told her everything. She was amazing and think I have CPTSD (sexual abuse) I’ve been given Prozac 60mg a day and I’m having side effects yes but I feel better. She’s referring me on to all sorts of relevant places and she’s ordered an ECG and complete set of bloods to see if anything is underlying. I came out of that appointment so relieved and hopeful.

megirl

megirl

Yes bullimia can have serious effects on our metabolism, I have found though I am lucky to still be in the lower weight range, that eating whatever is ok as long as I eat plenty of fruit and veges getting enough vitamins and minerals from my diet does help so much

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Eating Disorders Forum 0
S Eating Disorders Forum 2