Early Psychiatric Hospitals & Asylums

I

Izera

Interesting.

I suppose it's only logical, but I hate how long it's taken for mental illnesses to be effectively treated. It's like why couldn't they have gotten their act together a few centuries ago? I guess the ability to actually see synapses and neurons and the ability to actually manipulate molecules in making new medicines had to be possible before people could believe the brain actually is physical and it's not all about willpower.

I hate what happened to Rose Kennedy, though that is what led the rest of the Kennedy clan to push for major reform for the treatment of the mentally ill to something resembling humane. She was sacrificed for the greater good I suppose. But it's still horrible what happened to her.

I remember when I was young I hated the character Sidney Freedman on MASH. I didn't know why, I just hated him. Watching reruns when I was older, I realized I didn't hate the character, I hated the realistic way that his profession had to handle those who cracked under the pressures of war in the 1950s.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Izera - you write very well. Intelligently and coherently.