• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Eagle has landed

E

eagle6764

Hello, my name is John (real name)

I think i introduced myself of someone elses intro page, i didn't know how this site works.

I have epilepsy, PTSD and clinical depression and not to understate it my life has been a disaster with the exception of my 2 children who live with their mother from whom I am delighted to be seperated, I can say without fear of contradiction that I have never had a friend or lover and it defies logic that I am here at all. More of that for another time as I acquaint myself with the site.

I have been searching for a site like this for ages, I hope that after 30 years of misery that a start can be made in becoming a valued and loved human being, I would love to know what that feels like, thanks for listening.

John:)

A

Apotheosis

It's my signature & appears on every post. I'm unsure as to which book exactly the quotes are from. I think the fist one about the 'dream' is 'Hitch-hikers Guide to the Galaxy'. I read the entire Hitch-hiker series - the final end to the story is a masterpiece. He was a great writer & thinker -

There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

Douglas Adams
http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Douglas_Adams

I really enjoyed the remake of the film -

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ojydNb3Lrrs&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ojydNb3Lrrs&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]​

G

GrizzlyBear

Founding Member
Welcome to the forum....there's lots of friendly and interesting folks here (IMO).
:flowers:

Q

quality factor

Hi and :welcome: to the forum. Hope you find
that it's a good place to be.

QF.

E

eagle6764

isolation

Firstly thanks to everyone for their welcome that in itself is a reassurance.

I think I will start by outlining why things have been so awful and i know that this not exclusive to me so if it sounds like i do think that at any point i assure you it is unintentional.

Early years

Up until the age of 10 I was reasonably happy despite a strained relationship with my father which has only deteriorated with time.

At age 10 I developed viral encephalitis and fits and as we speak no neurologist of other medical opinion can say for sure whether the fits i get at night are because of epilepsy or this encephalitis (personally I think the latter).

nobody bothered to tell me any of this - so i didn't understand why at school (prior to hospital admission) I was the subject of such derision. It was because I was constantly wetting myself during the fits and as we know children can be cruel - much like most groups of the human race.

The relevance of this is that even to this day no doctor can say what aspects of my poor health are caused by that first illness.

My parents were told this: that there is a 50/50 chance he will be a vegetable, if he is not a vegetable we have absolutely no idea of the long term implications.

That is the prevailing view 35 years later.

That's enough for now. Thanks again to everybody.(y)

Emily-Rose

Emily-Rose

Hey John, welcome :)

Yeah, you introduced yourself in my intro post :p

Emily.x

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
G anyone has time to chat? Introduce Yourself 8
C Partner has mental health issues. Introduce Yourself 17
S help- my sister has been sectioned for acute psychosis Introduce Yourself 11
W Mrs. Social Butterfly has lost her wings and freedom Introduce Yourself 5
Hello513 Hey this is another Ironman introduces himself again thread. Though he has done it like 4/5 times. Introduce Yourself 0
T Hi guys. Clomipramine has ruined my body Introduce Yourself 3
knowyourworth Hey I've made mistakes in the past ,I am trying to add value to my life .karma has taken a heavy toll on me,but a voice inside me won't let me give up Introduce Yourself 7
T Confused why this has happened to me Introduce Yourself 5
H New to this- partner has been sectioned (mania) and looking for advice :) Introduce Yourself 7
U The pandemic has brought us various problems. Introduce Yourself 4
Y New here, BPD has pretty much resurfaced Introduce Yourself 2
3 My head has gone Introduce Yourself 4
S they has to be a natural way out Introduce Yourself 7
Siggsy Newbie to forum. My medication has stopped working again! Introduce Yourself 10
MoodFlicker Hello, not new but has been a while Introduce Yourself 14
C Parent of someone who has Bpd and struggling Introduce Yourself 20
C Hello. Im here to learn how to help, understand, and not give up on my fiancee. She has mental illnesses. Introduce Yourself 4
SilentButCaring82 My Whole Life Has Been Hard, and I'm Very Tired Introduce Yourself 5
8 Son has OCD? Introduce Yourself 6
B Hi all, am new here...husband to a great gal who has bipolar Introduce Yourself 3
J Looking for help with my son who has a severe tic disorder Introduce Yourself 4
G this has been a big step for me. Introduce Yourself 9
H I am a mother who has a son who has just been diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia. He has had psychosis since he was 16 and is now 22. Introduce Yourself 4
C Newcomer here, my height has become a debilitating issue mentally (not in the way you think) Introduce Yourself 14
peachytea A wild peachytea has appeared! Introduce Yourself 24
S Sweet Sue has joined the forum Introduce Yourself 12
D Hi I'm 46 I live with my son he's 10 he has a anxiety disorder been diagnosed since the age of 4 I'm now experiencing anxiety 😔 Introduce Yourself 2
C Hi everyone I’m new and my gf has cyclothymia Introduce Yourself 5
xFerretx Hi. Recently recieved a traumatic brain injury that has led to psychosis and other complications, and I'm looking for support Introduce Yourself 5
T Why Has It Taken Me so Long??? Introduce Yourself 3
I Seasonal affective disorder , hi anyone out there who has done the blindingly obvious and moved to a sunnier part of the world? Introduce Yourself 8
L Hi There! Who else has the fear of public speaking? Introduce Yourself 3
A Guilty for coming back after all these years now the shit has hit the fan again! Introduce Yourself 4
Pussy_Willow24 My husband has heard a voice ever since childhood Introduce Yourself 2
Gigigi Need help with New Age healing that has caused my condition to worsen Introduce Yourself 27
J Girlfriend has BDP - Need advice guidance!! Introduce Yourself 1
D i have a partner who has mental issues, and i dont know what to do Introduce Yourself 4
N Want to help my sister who has depression Introduce Yourself 1
N Hi Everyone! I'm a newbie here whose husband has BPD and PTSD. Introduce Yourself 3
L I think my partner has MHI but can’t see it and won’t seek help Introduce Yourself 2
N Has Anyone Here Dealt With A Person Who Seems Unable To Tell The Truth? Introduce Yourself 13
D I have just signed up and hope someone has information about recording telephone calls. Introduce Yourself 14
C My wife has schizoeffctive disorder. Introduce Yourself 10
N I love so much a sweet blonde girl, that I think has Schizophrenia!! Introduce Yourself 3
T Has anyone any information on this unusual reading problem of mine is it a form of dyslexia? Introduce Yourself 1
M Has anyone beaten clinical depression? Introduce Yourself 6
S Help! I think my boyfriend has a mental health disorder and don't know what to do :( Introduce Yourself 1
C My Boyfriend has Depression and I want to help him but he won't let me. Introduce Yourself 1
G My daughter aged 17 has GAD and I don't know how to help Introduce Yourself 4
1 My Boyfriend was disloyal and now has left me Introduce Yourself 1