• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

E-mail to Prime Ministers Office

D

DELATEXT

After listening to Nick Glegg's speech on citizens rights I was motivated to write to David Cameron and ask about the governments new Welfare Policy toward the ill.
it will be interesting to see what kind of reply I get ??
Ian Duncan Smith is the minister responsible for the Department of Works and Pensions so he should reply ???

:tea::tea:

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
I'll look forward to hearing what he says though I wouldn't hold your breath!!

D

DELATEXT

I am very negative about this governments agenda toward the mentally ill but I will lobby, write until they are sick of me !!
I feel UK mental health charities are being to complacent about this and I hope they will wake up and take heed ??

:unsure::unsure:

M

myrtlemaid

Good on you for taking the time to write via the PMs office to IDS.. hopefully you will get a resonse.

Personally I feel we shoul all contact at least our Mps , ( who usually forward the queries anyways ), asking questionas about this and specifically the ways that ATOS conduct their medicals.

Its fine imo to encorage all who can to work but NOT to try to push into unsuitable jobs those who are unfit for them or unable to work at all.

Other thing he needs to look into is the reluctance of some employers to employ people who have an impairment be it mental or physical.. because if they wont employ us then all the pushing in the world idnt going to get us into work.

Im afraid I see this sudden thrust to get people working as a cost saving exercise cos its alot cheaper to have people on looking for work benefits than sickness benefits

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
Its something really close to my heart at the moment, my incapacity benefit is up for renewal in July and the very thought of going for a medical is making me ill already. My GP was very helpful last time and sent a letter saying I couldn't leave the house but theres no guarantees she will do the same this time.