• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Dysthymia

rasselas.redux

rasselas.redux

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Is the fancy word for being in enduring emotional pain

Unfortunately the only time I am not dysthymic is when I am euphoric

It's either one or the other

I can alleviate the dysthymia with laughter. Exercising. Mountains for some unexplainable reason help more than anything.

Then there is alcohol in moderation.

And benzos which I am withdrawing from

Love is an amazing feeling if you can get it although it matures into something deeper if you're lucky

I've lost my sense of humour, my number one coping technique

Tough cheddar matey Tough cheddar

Benzo withdrawal is very odd. You think you're over the worse of it then it kicks in again much worse

I've read this can go on for months please lord no

I did this to myself

Lesson learnt

It's fortunate that halucinations dont freak me out.

Dont ever float up this creek. It's a bleak creek.

P

Polar Bear

Bless you what a rough time you are having. Benzos and sleeping meds plus sleep deprivation can all make you al little depressed.

I hope you sleep well tonight

Kelly x

rasselas.redux

rasselas.redux

ACCOUNT CLOSED
That would be the reasonable result I agree

But. I've been withdrawing for many many weeks now and was hardly experiencing any symptoms and then woke up bright and early monday morning and havent had a wink since

The blog in my signature holds an important historical record of the range I went through in the early stages

I thought the sound files were hilarious... Not sure where the strange accent came from lol

Tragic display although stella edwards helped me out ;)

I dont think its funny now although steve rocks take on kim kardashian helped me through difficult stage of it

Last edited:
C

Callalily

Hope things pick up for you soon Rass, sorry to see/hear you're in a shit place at the minute :hug1:

rasselas.redux

rasselas.redux

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Thanks. I dont think ill ever have a year like this one again. From one extreme to the other. Although then again...

Im relieved to be a bit high at the moment. Typing on an Android keyboard helps slow me down So I dont make a complete arse of myself lol

C

Callalily

Thanks. I dont think ill ever have a year like this one again. From one extreme to the other. Although then again...
Here's hoping a corner has been turned for you :)

Im relieved to be a bit high at the moment. Typing on an Android keyboard helps slow me down So I dont make a complete arse of myself lol
They're enough to drive me into a rage! Well done for finding ways to manage your illness ;)

rasselas.redux

rasselas.redux

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Its ultimately about harnessing energies. What strikes me is that I was almost unconsciously anticipating what was ahead of me way back in november. Like I was relaying a message to my future self.

It's only because I feel so good at the moment that I can toledate the Android keyboard. Earlier this year id probably have smashed this tablet to smithereens :)

I hope a corner has been turned too. The biggest missing piece of the jigsaw is work and of course sustaining my ability to work.

In the meantime it's a relief to be high during this emotionally challenging time of the year.

Best wishes